ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (127/182) > >>

40hz:
If you're a big Star Wars fan, it's not to be missed. But why am I bothering to say anything if you if you are?
-40hz (January 07, 2016, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because you care, of course!  ;D -Renegade (January 10, 2016, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

No I don't. My girlfriend Alex does. She's the only reason I went. Or more correctly, allowed myself to be dragged.

You've probably seen it twice already and are planning on going back at least once more, right?  ;)
-40hz (January 07, 2016, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Haven't seen it yet. Haven't had time. I'll wait for the online version. But, I still really like Star Wars a lot. Even if I don't have posters of it all over the house, and dress up like SW characters...

Honestly... A lot of Star Wars and Star Trek fans are just frikkin' nuts.

--- End quote ---

Agree.

And FWIW, I personally don't like either franchise all that much. I probably wouldn't bother at all (other than to oogle Marina Sirtis) except I've found it enjoyable when it occasionally gets tongue-in-cheek. (The series episode that ends with Worf sitting naked in a communal spa mudbath along with the rest of the equally naked command team was priceless. Especially when he incredulously asks: "Are we supposed to just sit here?")

And while we're on the subject, I thought the latest "alternate universe" StarTrek was the pits. Even Benedict Cummerbatch couldn't save the abomination that is Into Darkness. All he did was provide some almost painful contrast once he demonstrated what a real actor can do for a motion picture. That newgen cast is pitiful. (Absolutely pitiful.)

panzer:
Balkan spy
Airplane!
Fantastic planet

40hz:
Balkan spy
Airplane!
Fantastic planet
-panzer (January 11, 2016, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fantastic Planet is a trip and a half. What an amazing animation! Boy do I miss the days when they were still doing hand drawn animated works of art like that.

40hz:
The Revenant

I utterly HATED Leonardo many years ago in the "Titanic" era.

But dammit! He's a bloody great actor.

This movie is long, but it is a good story. Totally predictable, but still... a good watch.

-Renegade (January 10, 2016, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. Good and totally predictable. Kinda the movie equivalent of "comfort food." I really enjoyed that picture. Well worth watching.

sword:
"The Gunman", 2015 Sean Penn, Idris Elba, Javier Barden "..black ops.." (action thrillers) Netflix 10/10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version