ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (114/182) > >>

mouser:
I really don't care about what is posted... just the fact that it was shoehorned in.
--- End quote ---

this is a pet peeve of mine too -- when political content is posted in threads where it really doesn't belong -- it has a negative effect on the thread and tends to derail conversation.
no one is saying you can't have your political views (and express them in the basement area), but everyone please try your best to refrain from putting them where they don't belong.

4wd:
Battle Royale: I had never heard of this before, but from IMDB is seems that it was an updated remake based on the gruesome Battle Royal (2000), ...-IainB (October 20, 2015, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

@IainB: Which Battle Royale are you referring to when you say "updated remake" because AFAIK there is only the one film, Battle Royale (2000), or it's original title, Batoru rowaiaru.

Watched it and its sequel a few years ago and didn't think the first was too bad, can't remember much about the sequel - have to watch them again.

IainB:
Battle Royale: I had never heard of this before, but from IMDB is seems that it was an updated remake based on the gruesome Battle Royal (2000), ...
-IainB (October 20, 2015, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
@IainB: Which Battle Royale are you referring to when you say "updated remake" because AFAIK there is only the one film, Battle Royale (2000), or it's original title, Batoru rowaiaru.
Watched it and its sequel a few years ago and didn't think the first was too bad, can't remember much about the sequel - have to watch them again.
-4wd (October 21, 2015, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
What I wrote was what IMDB said about it. The film Battle Royal (2000) - without the "e" - was the "original", I gather, and Battle Royale - with the "e" was apparently what @panzer was referring to. He could have misspelt it, I suppose, or maybe it's a confusion arising from a misspelling on IMDB. I was initially confused by it, but I thought I had it figured aright after rereading all that I could find about the films on IMDB.

panzer:
I meant the original movie. I didn't know that there was a sequel.

Btw, Wikipedia has two entries: Battle Royale and Battle Royal II: Requiem.

IainB:
Heh. Who woulda' thunk that inclusion or omission of the single vowel "e" could make such a difference? Sure, if this were French and not English, you could expect it - it would give it a gender!. Mind you, "Royale" is the French form of "Royal", by the way, and "Royal" spelt backwards reads "layor", which is a very rude word in Urdu, and apparently "911" translated into Urdu and then spelt backwards reads the Urdu word for "idiot". Not a lot of people know that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version