ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (107/182) > >>

MilesAhead:
Cellular 2004 which was given a remake into the Hong Kong film Connected 2008.
Both are energizers with nonstop action that never gets tiresome.
-bit (September 09, 2015, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't seen this film.  So I have no idea if this review is on the mark.  But generally this site is a good resource for Hong Kong movie reviews.  I have read it for many years.  It also has bios with pics of many HK and Chinese actors to complement sites like AsianWiki and d-addicts.

Edit:  Also if you hate Wong Jing films http://lovehkfilm.com is the site for you.  :)

MilesAhead:
Los Ultimos Dias - A Spanish sci-fi movie where people cannot go outside anymore. This is a well-made movie, even you don't understand Spanish.

The male actors carry the story fine, for me the female lead character overdid it at the end. I guess the director banked on her 'pleasing-the-eye-ness' to get away with that end scene.
-Shades (August 03, 2013, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Makes me think of THX 1138.  It has been so long since I watched it I forget the plot.  But Robert Duvall had the lead.  The cities are all underground and the police are robots.  The first feature length film by George Lucas.

bit:
Ultimate Door Knocker

tomos:
Ultimate Door Knocker
-bit (September 19, 2015, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I especially enjoyed the doorknocker bit (no pun intended :D)

tomos:
I edited the first post and changed the thread title to "Movies you've seen lately"

(was previously "Movies or films you've seen lately" because where I grew up, movies are called films - but I realise this leads to confusion, as 'film' means something else to others than it does to me.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version