ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (99/182) > >>

40hz:
Damn, if that's true, Poser is awesome!!
-superboyac (February 10, 2015, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just googled it. There are several motion cap apps that work with Poser apparently. Some are very inexpensive considering, Uh-oh! ;D

40hz:
Back on topic...just rewatched the 1941 masterpiece Citizen Kane recently. Orson Wells at his finest moment. Lives up to all that's been said about it. Recommended :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:.

Renegade:
I'd never seen a "One Step Beyond" episode before this evening.

The first episode? Pretty darn cool.

Spooky?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futility,_or_the_Wreck_of_the_Titan

Actually, if you know a bit about the history there, it sounds planned. Much worse than just "spooky".

40hz:
I'd never seen a "One Step Beyond" episode before this evening.

The first episode? Pretty darn cool.

-Renegade (February 11, 2015, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I really liked OSB and sprung to get it on DVD along with a multi-disk Hitchcock TV collection.

The short story format was definitely experiencing a Golden Age between the late 40s and early 60s. Especially in the scifi, mystery, and horror genres. Some of the finest writing those genres ever produced got penned during that era. All the biggies (Asimov, Ray Bradbury (who was probably the best), Bob Heinlein, Harlan Ellison, Sam Delaney, "Doc" Smith, Ellory Queen, Rex Stout, et al were all busy cranking out these fantastic short stories. So it was only natural that TV shows like OSB, Thriller, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, (and the much later Night Gallery) would benefit from their existence. These were stories written by actual writers rather than just some backroom network hack screenwriter - with the utterly brilliant Rod Serling being the notable exception.

A lot of times, these old shows we remember so fondly disappoint us once we get to rewatch them. (Hindsight may be 20-20 - but it also has a habit of looking at what's "fondly remembered from the past" through rose-tinted glasses just the same.) So I was really happy to discover these old shows held up rather well for me. There may have been one or two episodes in each I didn't really care for because of the subject or a particular actor. But they were all nicely written and produced. And still entertaining. Which is more than I can say about some movies I bought which I remembered enjoying at one time.

(OMG! I can't believe I ever thought Ben-Hur was a good picture! ;D)

4wd:
I always liked The Evil Touchw presented by Anthony Quayle - too bad it only had one season  :(

Episode 1 "The Lake":

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version