ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (83/182) > >>

Renegade:
BTW - Am I the only one here who wasn't impressed by Equilibrium?
-40hz (December 14, 2014, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think a lot of it depends on expectations. It wasn't the best dystopian film, but it did well in other areas. The gun kata were novel. They managed to create a world that was quite different from many others. The merging of religious themes was certainly a nice twist.

4wd:
@wraith808: I guess if you'd read the books or any of the hype then you'd know they were aimed squarely at teens.  I usually just go, "Sci-Fi, I'll have to give it a try."   :)

Plus, I guess, it's the hope that maybe one of these films will actually be worth the time :-\

@Ren: Unfortunately those aspects of Equilibrium didn't carry over very well into Ultraviolet.

40hz:
I'll man up. I only bothered with Ultraviolet to get my dose of Milla. :-[

4wd:
^me too  ;D

wraith808:
@wraith808: I guess if you'd read the books or any of the hype then you'd know they were aimed squarely at teens.  I usually just go, "Sci-Fi, I'll have to give it a try."   :)

Plus, I guess, it's the hope that maybe one of these films will actually be worth the time :-\
-4wd (December 14, 2014, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or have a teenager.  ;D  I'm just glad that she reads all the time... and if that's what she wants to read and watch, then more power to her!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version