ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (82/182) > >>

40hz:
Agree with Ren. The last dystopian flick I saw that really did it for me was Michael Radford's 1984.

When pickins is lean, ya takes what ya gets.

(Note: FWIW I thought Hunger Games was pretty lame and vastly over-hyped. Nothing new there either. The theme of a government sponsored death match has already been done several times too many in scifi. Haven't seen The Giver. But I read the book and thought it was a little too contrived and obvious about where it was going. Veteran scifi fans can figure the reveal out pretty quickly.)

wraith808:
I'm starting to find these movies rather tedious being, seemingly, rather teen oriented.

Divergent
The Maze Runner (first of what seems to be a series)
The Hunger Games
The Giver (which reminded me of a toned down PG13 version of the far better Equilibrium)
etc
-4wd (December 14, 2014, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't get it.  They *are* teen movies, aren't they?  Based on teen books?  No more adult oriented than If I Stay, or Fault of Our Stars, right?

40hz:
BTW - Am I the only one here who wasn't impressed by Equilibrium?

wraith808:
-40hz (December 14, 2014, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe not the only one.  But I'm not in that camp.  I loved it.

MilesAhead:
-40hz (December 14, 2014, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

The plot holes were gaping.  But I enjoyed Christian Bale's intensity.  It was similar to Fahrenheit 451.  F451 was a flick of much higher quality though.  This was kind of like a high tech F451 the way the movie AI was a high tech Pinocchio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version