ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (78/182) > >>

MilesAhead:
I much prefered 'The Guard'
--- End quote ---

One of my favorites.  I used to watch it with the English subs on to catch all the dialog.  The type of flick I could watch every 3 or 4 months or so.   :Thmbsup:-MilesAhead (October 30, 2014, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

you'll be able to understand the locals now when you visit :)
-tomos (October 31, 2014, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

To take inspiration from a US Supreme Court Justice, I can't define lolligaggin' or galavantin' but I know them when I see them.  :)

40hz:
I can't define lolligaggin' or galavantin' but I know them when I see them.  :)
-MilesAhead (October 31, 2014, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can. Those were two of my grandmother's favorite words. ;D

Lolligag - to be busy doing nothing, just sitting around, making haste slowly

Gallivant - making the rounds in search of a good time or crowd to hang out with - ideally with (or in hopes of meeting) an attractive  member of the opposite sex; running around with your friends

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
Just rewatched the entire Last Exile anime. One of the best steampunk influenced cartoons ever made.

It's the dawn of the Golden Age of Aviation on planet Prester, and retro-futuristic sky vehicles known as vanships dominate the horizon. Claus Valca - a flyboy born with the right stuff - and his fiery navigator Lavie are fearless racers obsessed with becoming the first sky couriers to cross the Grand Stream in a vanship. But when the high-flying duo encounters a mysterious girl named Alvis, they are thrust into the middle of an endless battle between Anatoray and Disith - two countries systematically destroying each other according to the code of chivalric warfare. Lives will be lost and legacies determined as Claus and Lavie attempt to bring peace to their world by solving the riddle of its chaotic core.
--- End quote ---

Great artwork (by Range Murata) and phenomenal music. And the level of detail is incredible. Prester is a fully fleshed out world.  Not for the impatient. The questions keep piling up for the entire first half before the answers break like a storm in the second half. Awesome series IMO.

The trailer, if watched, won't spoil anything for you:

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

IOW what the people walking in front of me at the mall do.  ;)

barney:
I can't define lolligaggin' or galavantin' but I know them when I see them.  :)
-MilesAhead (October 31, 2014, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can. Those were two of my grandmother's favorite words. ;D

Gallivant - making the rounds in search of a good time or crowd to hang out with - ideally with (or in hopes of meeting) an attractive  member of the opposite sex; running around with your friends
 (see attachment in previous post)
 :Thmbsup:
-40hz (October 31, 2014, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep!  Paternal grandmother pretty much the same, 'ceptin' she expanded galivantin' to include any non-lolligaging, nonproductive activity - including Saturday afternoon matinees at the movies  :'( :P.  (This thread would be somewhere between the two (2))  :-[ ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version