ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (77/182) > >>

Shades:
I went unknowingly into Lucy (the movie) and I enjoyed it as well. I always try to know as little as possible about a movie when going in the cinema.

What I didn't suspect was how much I enjoyed 22 Jump Street. That movie didn't look like much, but ends great and the credits are absolutely hilarious. Every grown man would cry after the last shot though... ;)

Renegade:
Meh... Different strokes for different folks.

Not everyone enjoys the same things. And that's ok.

Here's a fun sci-fi movie that some will love, and others will hate. I rather enjoyed it. But I like to suspend everything and just take it for what it is.

Earth to Echo

tomos:
'Calvary' (2014) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234003/

a bit of a bleak film, beautiful scenery (worth seeing in the cinema), interesting ideas, not supenseful - but lots of tension.
For me, the film ultimately didnt work - it trys to redeem it's bleakness, and 'headiness', with an emotional connection that didnt convince, so I wasn't left with much at the end...

I much prefered 'The Guard' (2011) myself (same director/writer, also with Brendan Gleeson in lead role) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540133/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk1
Although in fairness, 'Calvary' attempts to be a much deeper film.

MilesAhead:
I much prefered 'The Guard'
--- End quote ---

One of my favorites.  I used to watch it with the English subs on to catch all the dialog.  The type of flick I could watch every 3 or 4 months or so.   :Thmbsup:

tomos:
I much prefered 'The Guard'
--- End quote ---

One of my favorites.  I used to watch it with the English subs on to catch all the dialog.  The type of flick I could watch every 3 or 4 months or so.   :Thmbsup:-MilesAhead (October 30, 2014, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

you'll be able to understand the locals now when you visit :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version