ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (74/182) > >>

Renegade:
Space Station 76

A space station drama with a distinct 70's feel. The sound track is very much in the 70's groove. (They used Skywalker Sound - don't get much better.)

No action. No lasers. No aliens. No plot. Just a drama.

It's a chick flick in space with a 70's feel.

But hey, if you're going to watch a chick flick, might as well have it on a space station.

Not really my cup of tea, but that could speak volumes for others. I'm sure there are people that will really enjoy it. The writing is very good with a great cast, and they do try to give a depth to the characters. It's very well done, so it still scores well there.

It probably would be a lot better high. :P

MilesAhead:
@Space Station 76

Jack Plotnick Director?  There's got to be some laughs in that flick.  :)

superboyac:
I'm rewatching "The Puffy Chair", an indie movie by the Duplass brothers -- who I think are geniuses.  One of my favorites.

(see attachment in previous post)
-mouser (April 15, 2014, 05:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

oh my god, mouser.  I think you're right, these guys are geniuses.  this movie was so good, it feels like it has been made by some 80 year old master, good god.

IainB:
...What's even more surprising is AC since then. Along with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, Brian Welch of Korn, Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden, and Dan Spitz of Anthrax, and Blackie Lawless of WASP, they have all converted to Christianity. THAT bit in a documentary I would like to see.
-Renegade (August 31, 2014, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Impressive - I hadn't known about that - though perhaps these were not as spectacular conversions as the academic and atheist C.S. Lewis' self-conversion to Christianity:
"The most dejected, reluctant convert in all England" C.S. Lewis in Surprised By Joy.

--- End quote ---

Interestingly he did not convert to RC though.

IainB:
After coaching my daughter in her maths homework, I sat up late reading on my own and did some TV Channel-hopping - simultaneously watched some overlapping late-night Sunday TV suspense movies out of interest (everyone else was in bed so I had the con and could scroll the channels to my heart's content).
My perceptions:
Poison Ivy: The Secret Society (2008)

* Badly produced.
* Poor acting.
* Flimsy and confusing plot/story.
* Bad points somewhat alleviated by some occasionally nice flashes of attractive mammary glands.
* A seemingly pointless movie (or possibly too subtle for me to see the point).
The Dark Knight Rises (2012):

* Really good interpretation and dramatisation of the classic comic character.
* I thought it had a good plot and story-line, with all the right bits to keep the viewer's attention, even though I had seen this movie before.
* Well-acted parts.
* Some quite good bits of gratuitous violence.
* Watch-able, though a bit formulaic.
Quarantine (2008)

* Very poor plot and acting.
* Amateur doco-style camera-control induced motion sickness and was also distracting and annoying.
* Deadly boring and predictable.
* Switched it off and went back to reading my $FREE SF story on Kindle instead: Origins (Spinward Fringe Book 0) by Randolph Lalonde.
I rather enjoyed the Spinward Fringe book. Difficult to put down. Recommended!  :Thmbsup:
Now want to read the rest in the series...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version