ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (69/182) > >>

tomos:
If you like "Homeland" this is the "original", and much, much better if you ask me. The Israeli low budget TV series "Hatufim" (Kidnapped) is the TV series that later was adapted into "Homeland".

Article in The Guardian
-lindberg (July 31, 2014, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds interesting - I fixed the link here (an extra http at the end of it)

mouser:
Guardians of the Galaxy: One of the best (and funniest) sci fi movie in years.  Loved it.

40hz:
You Are Here: A Meta Detective Story

A great little Canadian indy where I'm not 100% sure what to make of it - other than to say I like it. A lot.

"You Are Here" starring Tracy Wright (Me and You and Everyone We Know) is a Borgesian fantasy composed of multiple worlds, circling and weaving around each other in always unexpected ways. At the centre of this narrative labyrinth is a reclusive woman who searches for meaning in the mysterious documents that keep appearing to her.

Her investigation begins when she finds a tape recording of a man giving a bizarre lecture: calming and sinister at the same time, he instructs how to "get where you need to go". Is this a random find, or a message to her? Another strange document presents itself, and another... Swiftly her home becomes an archive brimming with enigmatic texts, images and sounds.
--- End quote ---

This is another one of those movies you'll either love or hate less than 10 minutes into it. ;D

Paul Keith:

A Netflix original documentary, "The Square" is a riveting, deeply human chronicle of the Egyptian protest movement from the 2011 overthrow of military leader Hosni Mubarak through the ousting of Mohammed Morsi in 2013. "The Square" premieres January 17, 2014 in all Netflix territories, and in select cities within the United States.

Spoiler: The film does not end well

40hz:
Spoiler: The film does not end well
-Paul Keith (August 12, 2014, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neither did the real thing. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version