ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (55/182) > >>

Shades:
The Best Offer - Avery intriguing story about an older auctioneer that is selling the inventory of a younger woman who inherited all her antiques after her parents died... This is a movie that you should see without any knowledge beforehand. But very good acting from Geoffrey Rush. Not a boring minute in this 2 hour movie.

app103:
In preparation for spring cleaning, I have been watching a lot of post-apocalyptic movies & TV shows. Nothing like a good post-apocalyptic survival story to show you just how useless and worthless most of your crap already is, making it that much easier to part with it, when cleaning.  ;)

mouser:
I'm rewatching "The Puffy Chair", an indie movie by the Duplass brothers -- who I think are geniuses.  One of my favorites.

tomos:
In preparation for spring cleaning, I have been watching a lot of post-apocalyptic movies & TV shows.
-app103 (April 15, 2014, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was wondering initially if your spring cleaning was the equivalent of the apocalypse :P ;) :D
but then I read on - good logic, must try it :up:

40hz:
The Cloud Atlas.

A not bad at all adaptation of the David Mitchell novel by the same name. A quantum metaphysical romp through several centuries of linked souls and events. Some remarkably good performances by Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, and especially Korean actress Doona Bae for her portrayal of a clone by the name of Sonmi-451.

Movies you've seen lately     Movies you've seen lately     Movies you've seen lately

One fun thing about this movie is that almost every actor plays several (as in three to seven) different roles - so it's a fun game to try to identify who is playing whom in the various storylines. Some of them will surprise you when the credits roll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version