ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (54/182) > >>

40hz:
Recently rewatched "Angel Heart".
I love the acting, directing, dialog, and cinemetography in this movie.  Very underrated imho.
-mouser (April 03, 2014, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1! :Thmbsup:

Great movie with more than a few surprises. In some respects it reminds me of what Hitchcock might be doing if he were still around.

Put Mickey Rourke in any movie and you know its gonna get a little strange. Have a movie scene set in New Orleans and you know it's gonna get a little strange. Put Mickey Rourke in a movie set in New Orleans and it's gonna did get 'mo-betta stranger yet. ;D

wraith808:
Someone recently asked me about the best fight scenes I've seen in terms of acting, writing, and general pathos rather than being 'just a fight scene'.

Warrior came to mind.  Some of the best acting I've seen in a Western MA flick.

By the time of final fight (Tom Hardy vs Joel Edgerton) - I had no idea who to root for- there was such emotion behind both choices, and the emotion between the two brothers. Though in most competition fight movies, they are building towards that final battle- I felt that the blocks had been more competently put in place, so that when it did happen, it felt more like a payoff rather than the execution of a trope.

sword:
I felt the whole thing was pretty ridiculous and implausible.
--- End quote ---
  Hmm, after reading the basic plot line on IMDB I have to check it out at some future opportunity.

But I gather it's not on a par with Three Days of the Condor.  :)
-MilesAhead (March 22, 2014, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for Three Days of the Condor  :)

Vurbal:
Recently rewatched "Angel Heart".
I love the acting, directing, dialog, and cinemetography in this movie.  Very underrated imho.
-mouser (April 03, 2014, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's always been a favorite of mine. Besides all the stuff you mentioned, I could almost watch a movie of nothing but Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro sitting and chewing the scenery.

Spoiler

It doesn't hurt any to have Alan Parker for a director. He also made Midnight Express, The Wall, and Mississippi Burning.

Shades:
Renoir - Story-wise, it is an interesting movie. The beautiful locations where this is filmed, won me over though. There is a lot of functional nudity in this movie, as naked 20-somethings were the favorite subject of the painter.

Filth - Inept detectives/hint-of-evil detective movie. You follow the trail of a Scottish detective, ruthless on his way to the top. Good movie, good cast and funny if you like the 'schadenfreude' he's dealing out to everyone. And the end I didn't expect, but in hindsight, inevitable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version