ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (52/182) > >>

40hz:
^Oh well...

At least you thought it was silly. Which is good since it's meant to be a send up of all those indy UFO/conspiracy shows on the Discovery and Science channels.

FWIW  I think the closest thing to it in spirit and intent is Troll Hunter. 8)

Deozaan:
I didn't care too much for Lunopolis either. Mouser's statement seems to reflect my feelings about it pretty well. Essentially, I felt the whole thing was pretty ridiculous and implausible.

I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but some of my complaints are here
* Most of the dialog seemed too fake/staged.
* The "threatening" things didn't seem at all scary to me.
* A lot of their behavior was illogical (both the "bad guys" and the "good guys").
* The idea that somehow analog recordings (Polaroid, specifically) somehow escaped changes but digital recordings wouldn't didn't make any sense and even if I tried to suspend my disbelief and allow for that to be a rule in the movie's universe, it wasn't even followed through to the end. They filmed things with their digital video recorders with the intent that if they caught it on film they would know that something changed and could see the video they took as proof.
* I noticed at one point they showed a photo of LDS missionaries and forgot to photoshop their nametags to have the Church of Lunology logo. Within a couple of minutes it showed another picture of (different?) missionaries with the nametags changed.

mouser:
On the positive side, I'd have to say that it was far better in almost every respect (acting, story, pacing, etc.), than most low budget movies.  And far less irritating in it's implausibility than most hollywood blockbusters.  And actually overall I thought the acting of the non-main characters was pretty damn good.  There is a long middle part that is almost like a documentary, which I thought was really quite well done and "felt" right in terms of tone and acting (a serious accomplishment given how silly the fake science was).

I would absolutely give this team a big budget movie deal, and trade them in a heartbeat for the baffoons that have been creating some of the recent hollywood action blockbusters.

MilesAhead:
I felt the whole thing was pretty ridiculous and implausible.
--- End quote ---
  Hmm, after reading the basic plot line on IMDB I have to check it out at some future opportunity.

But I gather it's not on a par with Three Days of the Condor.  :)

Gwen7:
i thought lunopolis was a riot. i agree with 40hz. it isn't meant to be taken seriously. it's very obviously poking fun at scientology and cheesy conspiracy theory videos. it takes about 15 minutes viewing before you get it and see its all a big joke. its style of humor is similar to *best in show* or *a mighty wind* ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version