ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (45/182) > >>

MilesAhead:
Primer
 (see attachment in previous post)

Rated: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

-Renegade (September 23, 2013, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I cannot agree more, Primer is a fantastic movie.
-p3lb0x (October 15, 2013, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's one of my favorites.  It seems like I have to watch it again every six months.  Then again, maybe I only watched it once but get sent back twice a year.  :)

CodeTRUCKER:
Casablanca
...need I say more?  ;)

FAIL-SAFE
Enjoyed it with breakfast last Thursday.  It framed my thoughts in a surreal way.  As relevant today as it was on its premiere.  Should be a mandatory annual world-wide viewing for all military "Brass" and politicians*.

* They should see how close they resemble, "Groeteschele."

40hz:
Gravity 3D.

Not bad - although nothing special either. IMO the admission ticket is a bit pricey considering how lightweight a script this film has.

George Clooney is in there doing his George Clooney shtick. Like always.

And Sandra Bullock is lovely and endearing as ever, even if her character is fairly two dimensional and predictable.

Some nice earth orbit scenery and effects even if I still can't say I much care for 3D films. At least 3D made some sense for this type of movie.

In many respects it reminded me of Space Cowboys, although that film had a vastly better plot, a sense of humor, and decent character development. I thought the space scenes in Space Cowboys (especially the scene where the Russian satellite goes active) were far better than those in Gravity.

Might be worth a visit to a theater.

40hz:

FAIL-SAFE
Enjoyed it with breakfast last Thursday.  It framed my thoughts in a surreal way.  As relevant today as it was on its premiere.  Should be a mandatory annual world-wide viewing for all military "Brass" and politicians*.
-CodeTRUCKER (October 22, 2013, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 Still a classic and still relevant. The ending is nothing short of brilliant. :Thmbsup:

A decent modern treatment of nuclear brinkmanship can be found in the 1999 film Deterrence.

And a very good post-Cold War ballistic missile submarine treatment that's well worth watching is the tense 1995 action thriller Crimson Tide. Here's a clip

4wd:
Gravity 3D.

Not bad - although nothing special either. IMO the admission ticket is a bit pricey considering how lightweight weightless a script this film has.-40hz (October 22, 2013, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

FTFY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version