ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (37/182) > >>

superboyac:
The Great Gatsby (2013) - I'd rate it higher than the other two. The visuals are typically 'Luhrmann' - the kind of visual assault I imagine a Mantis Shrimp  encounters on a day to day basis. Gatsby gets a  :up: from me.
-nosh (August 24, 2013, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
I love Mantis Shrimps.  Hard to say, but definitely one of the most interesting creatures in existence.

4wd:
Just watched The Dyatlov Pass Incident - another FFF, (Found Footage Film).

It's a "what if" film based on a true event, Dyatlov Pass Incidentw.
The Dyatlov Pass incident generally refers to the mysterious deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959.
--- End quote ---

All-in-all, I find FFFs rather tedious and boring but this one I rather enjoyed, mixing references to The Philadelphia Experiment and Das Jesus Video, and I always love the remote Russian scenery.

Renegade:
Just watched The Dyatlov Pass Incident - another FFF, (Found Footage Film).
-4wd (September 09, 2013, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Director: Renny Harlin
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

That was a very cool flick! I really liked it. Horror is about the hardest to get done really well. That had a good plot & story.

Renegade:
Ironman 3 (2013) - Ten million things being juggled all at once, trying to compensate for the lack of a solid, gripping storyline. There's only so much spectacular CGI can do to hold my interest. This movie's so long I swear I could hear the ironman suit creak during the last few scenes. :P
-nosh (August 24, 2013, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Finally saw that last week (or the week before - time blurs). You're rather kind in your assessment.

If you want a much better storyline and plot:

1) Open up YouTube.
2) Type in "CGI special effects"
3) Download about 20 videos at random.
4) Do another search for "3D animation".
5) Download another 20.
6) Pick 10~20 of those at random and put them in a playlist. Adjust the number for however long you want your story to be.
7) Congratulate yourself for being a better story writer than most of the top Hollywood studios.

:P

40hz:
All-in-all, I find FFFs rather tedious and boring but this one I rather enjoyed,
-4wd (September 09, 2013, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. We can thank the Blair Witch Project for coming up with the concept (gimick?) that set the stage for an endless stream of low-budget and indie copycats.

Still... every so often a good one (yet another fake documentary with 'found' footage) comes along. I thought this 90-minute Austrailian crowd-funded indie did a creditable job. It's called The Tunnel.

Here's the trailer, which doesn't really do it justice. Check out the first five or so minutes on one of the links below to see if it works for you.

You can watch it in full on YouTube here or here. Not HD by any stretch, but it's adequate for viewing.
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version