ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (34/182) > >>

40hz:
Can I watch the movie first without first getting into the series?
-superboyac (August 16, 2013, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

@SB - Absolutely. I watched the movie long before I got into the series. It takes  place late in the game so the characters are fully worked out as opposed to the series where there are a few rough patches.

Disregard the fact it takes place on a terraformed Mars because the space flight part of BeBop doesn't really apply in this story. Just think of Mars as yet another Neo-Tokyo.

Reading up on the background and character bios on Wiki here would be helpful because oddball characters like hacker-wiz Edward (a girl btw) and the escapee "data dog" Ein will probably be hard to slot into the plot unless you saw the series. Ditto for the motivations behind each of the principle characters.

Since you're a jazzer you'll definitely appreciate Yoko Kanno's jazz stylings in the soundtrack.

Renegade:
Shades mentioned a film in another thread:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21962.msg334759#msg334759

I'd not seen "Soylent Green" before. Good flick. Reminds me of how Pepsi develops their flavours. (I don't drink anything from Pepsi - ever.)

Giampy:
OT: I would quickly need a simple translation from English to German. Is there a German guy ready to help me?

Renegade:
OT: I would quickly need a simple translation from English to German. Is there a German guy ready to help me?
-Giampy (August 17, 2013, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't speak German, but I know that if you need something translated, it helps to say what it is. e.g. I would translate a software interface/docs, but I wouldn't translate a medical text, etc.

Shades:
Pawnshop Chronicles:  that's a weird and somewhat disturbing one for ya! Likely it doesn't score that high, because of some of the weirdness and one scene was quite disturbing (at least to me). The second storyline is rather predictable, but still quite well done. Definitely not for kids!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version