ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (32/182) > >>

panzer:
THE SECRET LIFE OF MACHINES - The Videos (Also available on Youtube)

Just how does a video recorder work? And how about fax machines, cars, washing machines, electric light, telephones, vacuum cleaners, and refrigerators? You'll find the answers here. We proudly present streaming versions of the TV series 'The Secret Life Of Machines' written by Tim Hunkin, and presented by Tim Hunkin and Rex Garrod.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/SLOM/

The Party’s Over: How the West Went Bust:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/party-over-how-west-went-bust/

Britain's Real Monarch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCasz6oeL4

nosh:
Dario Argento's Tenebre - an old school slasher that I recalled liking from my teen years. It was still watchable, but didn't quite work its magic this time. I think I'll stick to watching his daughter's work from now on. ;D

The Gatekeepers
A documentary in which several ex-chiefs of Israel's Shin Bet were interviewed. An interesting peek into the minds of people combatting terror.

Renegade:
It was still watchable, but didn't quite work its magic this time.
-nosh (August 13, 2013, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Kind of funny how that works. The film didn't change - we did - and what we get out of it changes. I've had the same thing happen in both directions - this time around some were better, and some were disappointing.

40hz:
Just re-watched Cowboy Bebop The Movie: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

If you're at all into anime (or just thinking about getting into it) this feature length film is a must watch. (Great soundtrack too!)

The year is 2071, a few days before Halloween. An unknown pathogen is being released in the capital city of Mars, and the government has issued a 300 million woolong reward, the largest bounty in history, for the capture of whoever is behind it. The bounty hunter crew of the spaceship Bebop; Spike, Faye, Jet, Ed and Ein, take the case with hopes of cashing in the great bounty. But the mystery surrounding the man responsible, Vincent Volaju, goes deeper than they ever imagined, and they are not the only ones hunting him. The original creators of the pathogen have dispatched an agent named Elektra to deal with Vincent, as well as take out anyone who might uncover the truth behind his murderous crusade against the Martian government. As the hunt for the man with no past and no future continues to escalate, the fate of Mars rests with the Bebop crew, a responsibility they aren't so sure they can handle.
--- End quote ---

Watch a few of these and you start to wonder why you can have such a solid story in an animated feature when Hollywood can spend hundreds of millions on a film and not even come close.

Highly recommended. :Thmbsup:

Shades:
Aha, we're talking good anime now?   ;)

Just saw Ghost in a Shell: Arise - Border 1.
And if you didn't see the original and sequel, they come recommended!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version