ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (15/182) > >>

4wd:
Europa Report (somewhat eerie in parts, I love sci-fi/space flicks so I certainly wasn't bored but I wouldn't watch it again).-nosh (July 26, 2013, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, as I watched it I kept being reminded of Apollo 18.

Went back to a classic last night, Jason and the Argonauts, Ray Harryhausen's stop motion effects are brilliant.

40hz:
Loved Jason and the Argonauts. Ray Harryhausen was amazing.

The scene with Talos scared the tar out of me the first time I saw it when I was a kid. The moment comes around the 3 minute mark in this clip:

:tellme:

IainB:
Just ran across this over at QuietEarth.
-40hz (June 27, 2013, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Talking of "Quiet Earth", I wondered whether you had seen this:

IainB:
Loved The Illusionist and The Prestige although the romantic in me preferred the first...
-40hz (July 26, 2013, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, same here.

IainB:
Just watched "State Of Mind: The Psychology Of Control".
I watch UFO TV documentaries. Very entertaining. --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaasFoY9yYQpOfL00N3nSxg
-Renegade (July 19, 2013, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Was "State Of Mind: The Psychology Of Control" worth watching (and the bandwidth)? I wondered about downloading that yesterday, and decided to give it a miss.

Do you like UFO videos?
Have you ever seen a UFO with your own eyes? I have.

* Once whilst out walking the dog with my eldest daughter one day, years ago. We both looked up and noticed 2 very large bright yellow-gold glowing ball-shaped lights, moving steadily in the sky ahead of us. In the space of about 30 seconds or so, they moved fairly swiftly in parallel with each other, out of sight over a nearby hill, so they may have been at a relatively low altitude (around 500 feet), or going incredibly fast and very big if they were at a high altitude. I wondered if they could have been explained as being what are called "sun dogs".

* Once whilst on our patio one day, years ago. My eldest son and his mate were lying back in their chairs, drinking beer, talking and looking up at the sky. They called the rest of us (family) out to look at a very small silver ball or disk that they had chanced to see in a gap in some very high cloud, almost directly above us. So small that it was difficult to spot at first, so the boys had to point it out. We all watched it for a while, moving against the background of blue sky. I reckoned it could be a weather balloon, but when we all saw it move about, back and forth and sideways, in a most un-balloon-like manner, we realised that it had to be a UFO. The cloud eventually obscured it, but we had watched it whilst discussing it for a few minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version