ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (14/182) > >>

p3lb0x:
I recently watched The Prestige, wasn't sure what to expect walking into it. But it was both clever and at some places slightly funny. The twist in it was also really interesting and a bit surreal. But it all works really well and I'd say it's a must see.

wraith808:
^ Oh yes, I love that movie.  If you liked it, then you should see the other also that came out around the same time- The Illusionist.

nosh:
+1 to both the above. I've seen The Prestige at least thrice over the years.

Movies I've seen in the last two weeks or so-
Jack Reacher (better than expected, esp. considering just how mis-cast Cruise is for the role of Reacher)
Europa Report (somewhat eerie in parts, I love sci-fi/space flicks so I certainly wasn't bored but I wouldn't watch it again).
How To Make Money Selling Drugs - mostly boring and over-rated, IMO but it was made to do more than just entertain.
Evil Dead (2013) - 'meh!' - I can recall details from the 1981 version more vividly. :)
Spring Breakers - disturbing and over-the-top but this is the only one from the lot that left its mark on me. The last psychedelic night scene was something to behold. Best viewed late at night with the lights off.  8)

40hz:
Loved The Illusionist and The Prestige although the romantic in me preferred the first even if it wasn't Ed Norton's best performance (he can't do Euro accents to save his life) and there's no way in the world I could accept Jessica Biel as being Hungarian nobility. I know far too many Hungarian women - and they simply don't look anything at all like the otherwise comely Ms. Biel for me to suspend disbelief.  

Paul Giamatti as Inspector Uhl and Rufus Sewell as Prince Leopold, however, were superb on all counts.

----------------

FWIW I think I came up with a far better ending for The Prestige. But I would since I wrote it. ;D

Renegade:
Just watched Atlas Shrugged Part II. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for part III next year. 

Movies you've seen lately

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version