ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (6/182) > >>

Deozaan:
I recently watched the entire Twilight series for the first time (I had previously seen the first movie, but none of the others).

None of them were that great, but Breaking Dawn Part 1 was possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I thought Part 2 was fairly decent, but maybe that's because I had just seen Part 1 and almost anything would seem amazing compared to that. . .

mahesh2k:
Seen these movies :

1. SInister  (2012)
2. Batman Dark Knight Returns 2 (2012 animation)
3. Insidious (2011)
4. Mama (2013)
5. Dark Skies (2013)
6. Dredd 2012
7. Lost Highway (1997)

zridling:
Cloud Atlas (2012)
The message is great, but the method is not, bouncing back and forth among six stories. Most of the movie the cast is in horrible rubber masks and heavy makeup to make them look old or weird and that alone is distracting for three hours. But sometimes they will stick with a story line for only a few seconds before bouncing to the next one taking place 150 years earlier. More aggravating than entertaining.

Jack Reacher (2012)
Tom Cruise plays yet another unbelievable super man/hero where he beats up five guys with his pinkie and spits bullets. It was okay because I like Cruise, but man, the dude is getting long in the tooth to play these roles. This is the only movie Cruise has ever played where he didn't have an extended running scene!

Out of the Past (1947)
Very fine film that the 1984 Against All Odds was a remake, but not entirely true to the original. Had several of the same cast members between both, though. Kirk Douglas in his second film and he was good. Mitchum smoked a lot and got his deaf and dumb employee to kill the bad guys. Mitchum got the girl in the end, but the wrong one! Jane Greer never looked better here.

Macao (1952)
Robert Mitchum at his best, lighting a cigarette every 16 seconds. And then there's Jane Russell in that white dress. Your jaw will hit the floor when you see it. The movie ended quickly, but Jane Russell was too hot even for Hollywood. Even her fellow actors couldn't help but turn their heads and go, "OH. MY. GAWD!"

mouser:
I nominate Zaine to be the official full-time DonationCoder.com movie reviewer.

barney:
I nominate Zaine to be the official full-time DonationCoder.com movie reviewer.
-mouser (May 28, 2013, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Seconded!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version