ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (3/182) > >>

40hz:
Two days ago I saw The Fairy. Normally I'm not into French art house movies, but as this one is from the French speaking part of Belgium so I could resist the urge to turn it off immediately. And I am glad I did.

-Shades (April 09, 2013, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx. Looks like a sweet little film. Adding it to my "to see" list. :)

Josh:

Deozaan:
I was about to make a snarky comment about Josh still being in the 1980s. But then I realized it was the DVD edition. So I guess he's finally graduated to the '00s. :P

tomos:
Blow
it gets 7.5 on IMDB - I'd give it about a four, if that :down: (maybe that's harsh, there were some good scenes...)
About George Jung -
the guy who got cocaine flowing in the US in the 1970's. Apparently he was basically a really nice guy who left it all behind, and all his problems were really caused by other people - especially the women in his life.
I dunno where they got the story (possibly from George Jung himself?) but it was like a propaganda film for him - left me doubting the storyline again and again. And the main dealers were just too good looking to be quite convincing...

Actually I saw a reasonably good drugs related film lately:
Snitch

reviewers on imdb seemed suprised about the lead guy being good because he was a profi-wrestler. I didnt know that when I saw it.
Based on the mandatory sentencing laws, where if you're caught with over a certain amount of drugs, the only way you can reduce your sentence is to implicate or setup someone else. A desperate father tries to setup someone to help reduce his son's sentence.
A good film - lots of action, but convincing story line and very real dealers in this one compared to the one above...

40hz:
Riders of the Storm  :Thmbsup: A counter-culture gem from 1986 Starring Dennis Hopper.

Movies you've seen lately

This little political sci-fi comedy posits a post-VietNam war psychological warfare unit who somehow managed to commandeer a fully equipped 'psy-ops' B-29 which they've kept almost continuously airborn (for over 10 years) in order to operate the ultimate pirate television station: SMTV!

Dennis Hopper and Michael J. Pollard (Doc Tesla) lead a crew of misfit Vietnam veterans highly trained in psychological warfare and armed with a B29 equipped as a flying pirate TV station creating havoc for the broadcast networks and authorities as they fly the country on a crusade to bring radical philosophies and classic audiovisuals to a conservative and media brainwashed viewing public
--- End quote ---

There are several moments in the film that anticipate such things as torrents and the activities of Wikileaks and Anonymous.

It's available to watch (in true pirate fashion) in 10 minute chunks up on YouTube if they haven't pulled it already. First ten minutes below:

Renegade would have loved this flick! ;D

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version