ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (161/182) > >>

wraith808:

It was as good as the hype.  It is my top MCEU movie, tied with Winter Soldier.  What both of those have in common is that they are not Superhero movies, they're just good movies.  I'd say that WS is a movie that heralds back to the Espionage/Cold War type movies.  Black Panther is more of an intrigue type movie.

Definitely recommended.

c.gingerich:
Fifty Shades Freed.... yep. Took my wife on Valentine's Day. She liked it and that's all that matters.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4477536/?ref_=nv_sr_1

wraith808:

Please Stand By (58% on Rotten Tomatoes as of posting.)

Saw it on Vudu when we were looking for a movie to rent.  It said "In Theatres" and it appears to be, though in very small distribution as an indie film.

It was a great movie, and had a lot to which I could relate.  Recommended.

tomos:
Leaning Into the Wind: Andy Goldsworthy
Documentary about the artist. Known for working out´ there 'in nature', although as he says here, he now see everything as 'nature'.

if you're not familiar with Goldsworthy's work, here from an image search:

if you think you'll actually look at the film, I'd recommend *not* looking at the trailer. I saw this in the cinema and was blown away by some of the ideas and images -- would have been less powerful if I had known what's coming (but then that's my favourite way to see a movie anyways). He came across as a very likeable guy, very down to earth, no BS (there's a lot of that in the art world). Some scenes in the film had me laughing out loud -- I'll just say he has some pretty bizarre ideas.

tomos:
Babette's Feast (1987)
I missed the beginning, and dont necessarily agree with some of the ideas presented, but this (still) a very good film.
(The main actress Stéphane Audran died in March.)

The Ten Commandments (1956)
was surprised how good most of this epic about Moses was. They were going mad with the colour too. (There's a restored version on archive.org )

Westward the Women (1951)
'Cowboy'. Again missed the beginning; well acted, gripping, I enjoyed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version