ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (139/182) > >>

panzer:
10 Cloverfield Lane

IainB:
This being Christmas and a time for the Christmas message of goodwill and love to all mankind, we - my daughter Lily (15 y/o) and son Brian (6 y/o) and I, watched two SF movies that reflected that message in their own uniquely different ways:

* The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 version). This is about a humanoid alien who comes to earth to warn the inhabitants that they must learn to be more peaceable or risk extinction at the hands of the aliens' robotic policing machines.
* Enemy Mine This is about the friendship that develops between two mortal enemies - both being space fighter pilots - a human and a Drek lizard, who crash-land on a habitable asteroid in a science fiction  future.
At the end of the second movie, my daughter asked me whether I thought the US Democrats and Republicans would ever be able to coexist peaceably like the Drek and the human. I replied "Yes, but probably only in fictional stories".

panzer:
Happy Valley, Utopia, River, Trapped/Ófærð (all series)

panzer:
Kubo and the Two Strings

brotherS:
I saw Spectral (Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller). I enjoyed it! :)

"A sci-fi/thriller story centered on a special-ops team that is dispatched to fight supernatural beings."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version