ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (125/182) > >>

tomos:
Tampopo
-panzer (December 30, 2015, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

A classic   :Thmbsup:
-MilesAhead (December 30, 2015, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks to you both for the tip.
I started watching, but got this compelling urge to eat (noodle soup would be nice but I'll have to make do with whatever's in the fridge)
:)

MilesAhead:
Tampopo
-panzer (December 30, 2015, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

A classic   :Thmbsup:
-MilesAhead (December 30, 2015, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks to you both for the tip.
I started watching, but got this compelling urge to eat (noodle soup would be nice but I'll have to make do with whatever's in the fridge)
:)

-tomos (December 30, 2015, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am dying to pig out on Hong Shu Yoke.  I haven't had it in decades.  The closest I have come in Florida is Hong Shu Gai, which is chicken instead of pork.  In either case the chick or pork is breaded and cooked in a brown sauce with snow pods, mushrooms and other Chinese vegetables.  Then I dump in the fried rice.

I have to find a good Cantonese restaurant around here before I resort to vigilante action!!  :)

tomos:
^ Sounds good.
Me, I managed to make something approaching noodle soup, but with no meat I added anchovies, which were a bit too strong. Later, in her dream she complains about use of sardines -- but I hadnt seen that yet ;-)
Otherwise it was quite good:

Japaneseish noodle soup with German ingredientsfried onions and grated ginger
boiling water + SpƤtzle
VitamR (like Vegemite/Marmite but milder, from yeast)
Added in the bowl:
Fresh sauerkraut + Anchovies + Soy sauce

40hz:
Ian McKellen (Gandalf!) and Laura Linney in Mr. Holmes.

Movies you've seen lately

Quietly brilliant and very unusual take on an elderly Sherlock Holmes. Well worth a watch - especially if you're like me and can't get enough Holmes in your diet.

wraith808:
^ Agreed!  Just watched it myself, and it's a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version