ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (110/182) > >>

Shades:
Anyway I watched the Limitless pilot.  It was interesting.  Often the pilot is good even if the series isn't.
-MilesAhead (September 23, 2015, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you ever seen the unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory?

It's unaired for a reason...

I saw recently the pilot of 'Lucifer'. That was an interesting one in my book. Can go either way, though.

MilesAhead:
Anyway I watched the Limitless pilot.  It was interesting.  Often the pilot is good even if the series isn't.
-MilesAhead (September 23, 2015, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you ever seen the unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory?

It's unaired for a reason...

I saw recently the pilot of 'Lucifer'. That was an interesting one in my book. Can go either way, though.
-Shades (September 23, 2015, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't seen Lucifer.  I'll take a look for it.  Many times though the pilot is 90 minutes so minus the commercials you have time for a developed plot that is almost a feature length film.  From then on it can be a stretch if the idea does not lend itself to variation.

I watched the episode one of Supergirl.  I like comic book stuff but I don't know if I'll follow this one.  Smallville was a total mess with your mind deal waiting around for some moron from outer space who couldn't figure out how to fly in 20 years when the bad guys from Krypton pop up under a yellow sun and just take off like birds.  At least Supergirl didn't waste 3 episodes figuring out how to fly.
But one thing that irks me already is that they must not have paid the licensing fees to refer to "Superman" so they keep talking about "He' "Him" etc. when referring to Supergirl's cousin.  Also I hate it when they just mess with supporting characters.  Supergirl sees this muscular black dude new employee where she works.  She gets all hot.  Then we find out the black guy is "James Olson."  I never liked it in the Bond films when Felix Leiter, Bond's CIA liaison, is a vastly different age, race, body type etc. in each film.  But I carry on too long.  :)

Of course it all begs the question why some super powerful being would let Earthlings tell him or her what to do.  Smallville Clark would be OK in Miami since there are no speed limits on most of the streets downtown.  But they will bust him if he changes lanes without signaling.  :)

MilesAhead:
I watched Lucifer.  The guy in the lead role has some style.  It could be amusing.  I suspect two things will get on my nerves.  One, the guy will end up being too much of a goodie two shoes.  And Two, the black guy with the wings will get tiresome popping up for the tense encounter yadda yadda.

It might have been better on a medium with less censorship.  Like HBO where Lucifer takes over The Sopranos or something.  :)

MilesAhead:
Ok.  I have to admit I like Limitless.  I watched the movie again, and watched the first two episodes on CBS online.  There does seem to be more thought going on than jumping between cars.  That's a plus.  And it does have some humor.  The Senator(tm) who is involved with the lead character is the lead actor from the Limitless movie.  It looks like he is only in a few scenes though.

As series go this one looks like fun.   :Thmbsup:

tomos:
I watched a few good westerns lately -- can only remember the name of one at the moment though :-[
but it was a good one -- High Noon (1952)

After a bit of research:
Gunsmoke (1953) was another good one.

Appaloosa (2008) I enjoyed, slow moving but worked well for me. Interesting exploration of a male friendship.

There's been some posts about Japanese films lately too:
Three Outlaw Samurai (1964) was a very good followup to the westerns. I see it's on YT

EDIT// sorry for all the edits

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version