ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (97/182) > >>

Renegade:
Working my way through the original 1963 series:

(see attachment in previous post)

Ah, the good old days :)
-4wd (February 06, 2015, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh! I did the entire series about 2 years ago. It's still an excellent series! Don't forget the new series as well. It's also quite enjoyable!  :Thmbsup:

I also did the Twilight Zone -- both the original and new series.

MilesAhead:
I also did the Twilight Zone
-Renegade (February 10, 2015, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought both Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents packed more punch in the 1/2 hour format.  Hitchcock is the only show I can think of where I actually want to watch the original commercials when watching the show.  He often had clever comments that wouldn't make sense without them.

40hz:
There was also Boris Karloff's TV series Thriller and the Alcoa Aluminum sponsored One Step Beyond that were similarly themed and quite good - although Karloffs sardonic intros, and Hitchcock's dry wit and backhanded swipes at "The Sponsors," added an appreciated humorous touch that the others lacked.

They're both out on DVD! :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
They're both out on DVD! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (February 10, 2015, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

One Step Beyond seems to have 3 seeders on TPB. ;) :P

Not so much luck for Thriller though. :(

The Alcoa thing is interesting though... They have quite a history.

MilesAhead:
One Step Beyond
-40hz (February 10, 2015, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

My favorite episode of OSB was the one where John Newland had a researcher who was investigating the effects of a special mushroom found in the rain forest.  The guy gives Newland a mushroom and hits him with a strobe light and if I remember rightly, a hypnotic wheel.  You could tell Newland was really flying high.  I guess the TV networks weren't uptight about it because they didn't know what it was back then.  And the researcher likely had a PHD.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version