ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (91/182) > >>

Edvard:
Yeah, that one.  And I didn't know that.  And Monsieur Reeves still dropped those lines like a dead fish, regardless.

Y'know, I liked him in "Prince of Pennsylvania", "River's Edge" and yes, I liked him in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure", forgot he was even in "Dangerous Liaisons" and "Dracula", never saw another  movie he was in besides "My Own Private Idaho"  (NO, I haven't seen "The Matrix"... because reasons).  He seemed to have so much charisma playing lower-key characters but when he is cast for lead roles, I dunno, something just goes... missing.  It's like if the movie is good, it's in spite of him.

Sorry.  Keanu rant over.  Haven't seen any other movies lately.

tomos:
^agree.
Enjoyed the film,
also because Henry IV was the main play we did in school (long time ago), but would have to watch it again - and read the play again - to see how similar in plot they are. I think it was more based on /inspired by the relationship between Falstaff and Henry than on the actual plot.

(Just checked, that film was out in 1991, so I probably saw it 1992, like 23 years ago - seems a reasonably excuse for a vague memory ;-)

4wd:

If the worst day of your life consisted of accidentally killing your girlfriend with an axe, chain-sawing your own arm off, and watching in horror as your closest friends were devoured by a zombified Nazi battalion, you'd have to assume that things couldn't get much worse. In Martin's case, that was only the beginning.
--- End quote ---

Scandinavian horror is always fun :)

panzer:

http://princesoftheyen.com/#watchthefilm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4172710/

40hz:

A man returns from a short business trip to find his wife has gone mysteriously missing, prompting him to search for her in their bizarre Art Noveau apartment building with its cast of peculiar residents. Such is the premise behind The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears.

Sound intriguing?

...Yes it does.

Is it a good picture?

...No, it's not.

While visually impressive in several places, it only takes about 15 minutes to realize there's likely to be nothing resembling a linear narrative anywhere in this picture. Five minutes after that, you'll begin to suspect there isn't going to be a story of any sort in it at all.

And at the end of the picture, those suspicions will be confirmed.

I'm not quite sure why this film has attained the nascent cult status it has. It's been compared by some to the vastly superior and genuinely chilling 1977 movie Suspiria, with which it (possibly) holds a few minor things in common. But not much else since Suspiria does have a story to tell.

Recommendation?  :down: :down:

Skip this piece of self-indulgent nonsense. It's not even worth watching on Netflix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version