ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (75/182) > >>

superboyac:
Dark Knight rises was a great movie!  When the comic came out when i was a kid, it was a big deal.  It's the best comic-to-animated adaptation I have seen, it is remarkably faithful to the book.  Very fun to watch.

Renegade:
...What's even more surprising is AC since then. Along with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, Brian Welch of Korn, Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden, and Dan Spitz of Anthrax, and Blackie Lawless of WASP, they have all converted to Christianity. THAT bit in a documentary I would like to see.
-Renegade (August 31, 2014, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Impressive - I hadn't known about that - though perhaps these were not as spectacular conversions as the academic and atheist C.S. Lewis' self-conversion to Christianity:
"The most dejected, reluctant convert in all England" C.S. Lewis in Surprised By Joy.

--- End quote ---

Interestingly he did not convert to RC though.
-IainB (September 22, 2014, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

C.S. Lewis has been one of my favourite authors for a very long time. His Christian apologetics never venture into the territory of being nasty or cruel or anything of the sort. He's simply one of the finest authors to have ever lived. Our love of the Narnia chronicles is a testament to his skill. 

I really would like to see a documentary on Christian converts. It would be interesting.

You make a good point about Lewis being reluctant, etc. It isn't easy to change world views.

4wd:
Quarantine (2008)

* Very poor plot and acting.-IainB link=topic=34481.msg364851#msg364851
--- End quote ---

Well being a Hollywood remake for English speakers of the much better Spanish [REC], it's to be expected.

IainB:
...C.S. Lewis has been one of my favourite authors for a very long time. His Christian apologetics never venture into the territory of being nasty or cruel or anything of the sort. He's simply one of the finest authors to have ever lived. Our love of the Narnia chronicles is a testament to his skill.
-Renegade (September 22, 2014, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amusingly I only knew him mainly for The Screwtape Letters and his sci-fi trilogy which I think I read at about age 12 or so:

* Out of the Silent Planet
* Perelandra - Voyage to Venus
* That Hideous Strength
I had not studied him, and it was years later that I registered that he was an atheist who had converted to Christianity, and who was also the author of the Good v. Evil themed series - The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Narnia, etc.
I was intrigued and wanted to understand and find out how his reasoning stood up to his religious conversion. It seemed like he would have been a most unlikely candidate for conversion. That's when I read his Surprised By Joy and other essays.
He's a person I would have liked to have met in real life.

panzer:
I am going to watch this one today:

Century of Enslavement: The History of The Federal Reserve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IJeemTQ7Vk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version