ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (39/182) > >>

Renegade:
I watched "Dytlov pass incident", didn't liked it much. There wasn't anything creepy in it. However here are some of the found footage movies that I enjoyed watching
-mahesh2k (September 11, 2013, 01:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU PLAN TO WATCHI found the end really good. The way the creatures DON'T kill them, then herd them into the "time/teleport tunnel", then when/where/when they pop out really worked out nicely. The tattoo behind the ear was a good touch. They set up everything for that just perfectly. You have all the clues there in front of you, then the pop out and connect all the dots. That kind of stuff is what makes a movie really good. I tend to read a lot while I watch some movies, and missed a few of those key things, which worked out well enough as the ending then came as a surprise.

With a lot of horror films, the entire movie is simply a long setup for that killer ending. The best horror films blow you away at the end with something that you didn't expect, but that they'd already told you about earlier.

Oh, and thanks for the recommendations!  :up:

4wd:
I thought pretty much the same as Renegade, although as soon as they found the video camera I kind of had an idea where it was going, (hence the reference I made to Das Jesus Video).

A few of good touches in it, eg. the tongue, the footprints.  When the camera is sitting on the ground with Holly and Jensen talking and the others moving around camp in the background, it took my brain about 15-20 seconds to realise that something else had moved even further in the background.  From then on I started paying more attention to what happened in the background :)

The way they interwove facts about the incident into the story was done rather well I thought.

40hz:
Edit: If you want to see a good found footage documentary, Search for "Troll Hunter". You'll love this movie. :)
--- End quote ---

+1! Troll Hunter is absolutely awesome. Excellent premise, great characters, well done minimalist script, spot on internal integrity with no plot holes, excellent pacing, and a totally logical but very surprising ending. Full points for this one! Easily one of the best films of this type ever made.  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Edit: If you want to see a good found footage documentary, Search for "Troll Hunter". You'll love this movie. :)
--- End quote ---

+1! Troll Hunter is absolutely awesome. Excellent premise, great characters, well done minimalist script, spot on internal integrity with no plot holes, excellent pacing, and a totally logical but very surprising ending. Full points for this one! Easily one of the best films of this type ever made.  :Thmbsup:

-40hz (September 11, 2013, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I usually read while watching, so I tend to shy away from subtitled non-English films, but looks pretty darn good!

40hz:
@Ren - you'll love the ending. The ending was made for people like us. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version