ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (26/182) > >>

40hz:
And I'd like to see At the Mountains of Madness get made so badly that I don't think I really care who (within reason) makes it at this point.-40hz (August 04, 2013, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was kind of hoping that it would get made well! ;D

(Sorry - that was just such a wonderfully low-hanging dangling participle that I had to pick it~! :P )
-Renegade (August 04, 2013, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm just happy whenever I throw such an easy ball that somebody out there takes a swing at it. (What's the point of words if there's no wordplay to go along with them?) ;D

And that's not a dangling participle. That's a dazzling participle, I'll have you know. ;)

Vurbal:
One way we could guarantee a film never gets made: Let briliant Terry Gilliam direct, the masterful Joss Whedon write the script, and for the coup de grĂ¢ce cast the lovely Summer Glau in there someplace. Ever notice how any time one of those three show up the project suddenly experiences an incredible string of bad luck? :tellme:
-40hz (August 04, 2013, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

If Joss Whedon was writing I'd rather it died in pre-production. Don't get me wrong, I love his glib dialog, but for Lovecraft? Might as well make it a romantic comedy.

Vurbal:

Wait, did you just call me old? I'll have you know I didn't get Basic D&D until Christmas of 1983 which means I had to buy my original cover PHB used. That makes me a kid compared to most of the other Champions players I know. I'm certainly not old enough to remember any version of Deities and Demigods with Cthulu in it.... if something like that existed.... which I wouldn't know.....

Just get off my lawn!
-Vurbal (August 04, 2013, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahahaa!

I have an original Deities & Demigods with all that in it. Though I bought it well after it came out - found it in a store one day and snatched it up real quick.

(I also have Chainmail in my collection.)
-Renegade (August 04, 2013, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Posting here reminds me why the Hero System forum has been my main haunt for more than a decade. In Champions years I'm almost a kid. In Internet years I should be in a nursing home.

In my day I was lucky to have access to a PDP-8 from a wide format teletype terminal when I started learning Basic. The first year comp-sci students at Iowa State were still stuck with punchcards.

40hz:
And if anyone does want some good advice on writing there's a lot of it in that book. It helped me improve my writing immensely and I don't write fiction.
-Vurbal (August 04, 2013, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1. An excellent writing book. I own dozens. King's book is one of the best. :Thmbsup:

Vurbal:
And if anyone does want some good advice on writing there's a lot of it in that book. It helped me improve my writing immensely and I don't write fiction.
-Vurbal (August 04, 2013, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1. An excellent writing book. I own dozens. King's book is one of the best. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (August 04, 2013, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the best advice for me was when he talked about going through his first draft to identify themes so he could focus on them. It really helps make your writing a lot more cohesive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version