ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ad Industry Attacks Firefox

(1/7) > >>

Tinman57:
Ad industry threatens Firefox users with more ads if Mozilla moves on tracking plans

03.25.2013 12:00 PM

The online ad industry attacked Mozilla over its decision to block third-party cookies in a future release of Firefox, calling the move "dangerous and highly disturbing," and claiming that it will result in more ads shown to users.
--- End quote ---

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2031945/ad-industry-threatens-firefox-users-with-more-ads-if-mozilla-moves-on-tracking-plans.html

SeraphimLabs:
All that will do is increase the popularity of adblockers. 

These people need to realize they can't win. The users will have their way.

Renegade:
Good on them at Mozilla!  :Thmbsup:

From the article:

"If Mozilla follows through on its plan ... the disruption will disenfranchise every single Internet user," said Randall Rothenberg, president and CEO of the IAB, in his post. "All of us will lose the freedom to choose our own online experiences; we will lose the opportunity to monitor and protect our privacy; and we will lose the chance to benefit from independent sites ... because thousands of small businesses that make up the diversity of content and services online will be forced to close their doors."
--- End quote ---

Oh sweet Jesus... Is he really THAT deluded?

Tinman57:
Good on them at Mozilla!  :Thmbsup:

From the article:

"If Mozilla follows through on its plan ... the disruption will disenfranchise every single Internet user," said Randall Rothenberg, president and CEO of the IAB, in his post. "All of us will lose the freedom to choose our own online experiences; we will lose the opportunity to monitor and protect our privacy; and we will lose the chance to benefit from independent sites ... because thousands of small businesses that make up the diversity of content and services online will be forced to close their doors."
--- End quote ---

Oh sweet Jesus... Is he really THAT deluded? -Renegade (March 27, 2013, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just wonder if he is that much off his rocker or if he's just trying to use FUD against Firefox users.....  Either way, he's only fooling himself....

Renegade:
  I just wonder if he is that much off his rocker or if he's just trying to use FUD against Firefox users..... 
-Tinman57 (March 27, 2013, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I really, really wonder about this very often. He's just one example of some guy with a clear conflict of interest spouting complete lunacy. Do these kinds of people REALLY believe what they're saying? Or are they simply morally bankrupt?

To be honest, I think a lot of these people really and truly believe that up is down and ignorance is strength. And then I really and truly wonder how they managed to deceive themselves into believing stuff like that. Can you lie to yourself over and over until you believe the lie?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version