ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Request for more delay options in right click menu

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
What kind of capture are you triggering? An "Active Window" capture?

You say "I suppose I could always do a full screen PrtScr key and then edit, but that seems to be MORE work, not less." so I know its not a full screen capture..

But let's step back and address what you're really trying to do:

If capturing the ACTIVE window with menu showing is what you want to do, the problem is the ALT key, which is by default tied to the active window capture..  If you simply reconfigure Ctrl+PrtScr to perform an active window capture, it shouldn't close up your menu.

Now if you want to capture JUST the menu, then you can use SC's object-capture mode.

So rather than get hung up on delay settings -- let's see if we can't help you do what you want to do in the most efficient way..

tabletguy:
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I will try your suggestions, perhaps tomorrow. It's getting late here.

However, I've attached a quick screen capture of an example... 

mouser:
Ah.. so you mean to do a SELECTED REGION (using crosshairs to select region at time of capture) capture, with the menu showing.. Indeed if you're dead set on not just capturing screen and capturing after the fact (which is always my recommendation), then a delay is what you have to use.

cmpm:
I was thinking 'fixed size region' ctrl+alt+prtscr.
Without a delay, it will start where the mouse pointer is.
And it will not kill the drop down menu when the focus changes to the cross-hairs.
My fixed size region is set to 640x480.
Under advanced tweaking-My Favorites.

tomos:
I used use the delayed capture option occasionally but havent in a while (just noticed yesterday that it's gone from the tray context menu).
Capturing a full screen and editing after is very quick and easy. A selection box automatically selects the active window. This can be easily and accurately adjusted.

Here's my cropped screenshot:

and below the main part of the SC window. In the box bottom-left, you can see a pixel accurate enlargement of where the cross-hairs are,
making it very easy to select an area accurately for cropping:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version