ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Request for more delay options in right click menu

(1/2) > >>

tabletguy:
I'm very used to having a right click menu option to select from 3 different time delays for a screen capture. (0,5,30).

I'd like to ask if this is already possible (to have multiple time delays). Having additional "quick settings" in the "Capture Options" submenu would also be OK, although I confess I prefer a one click option  :-[

Because I'm running 1920x108 on a 15.5" display, I have a little trouble seeing the red dashed lines when capturing a screen segment. Is there a way to make these dashed lines much thicker? I've looked at all the options, and I didn't see a way to change the thickness. I did see a couple places where the color could be changed. Apologies if I've missed an option setting.

mouser:
I almost removed the delay capture stuff from the menus completely -- it's getting harder for me to imagine a case when you really need a delayed capture -- can you explain why you might need to use that so i can better understand the usage scenarios?

regarding the dashed lines when doing a selection capture -- there is no option to make them bigger, though there is an options tab for them (See "Selection Capture Options" tab), so I could add such a thing..

mouser:
By the way -- there are occasionally times when I might have used a delay option to capture some unusual things that didn't react well to hotkeys being pressed -- but now for that I use my new Easy Screencast Recorder tool interfaced with Screenshot Captor -- that lets me capture a continuous video for the period and then extract the frames I need.  Takes a bit more time to set up since you'll want to install a lossless codec for best quality, but it does work very well and saves the hassle of trying to get the capture timing just right.

tabletguy:
Perhaps I don't have enough experience with your program yet. But, in all the other screen capture programs that I use, it's impossible to capture the drop down menus, which disappear automatically when program focus changes to another program.

OK... I've just tried, and I don't see a way to capture the menu with your program either. (Pull down "File" menu on Firefox/Chrome/... and then start a screen capture manually (not automatically).

Also, positioning of the mouse so that it "points" to the exact sub-menu item that I want to emphasize when sending a quick "how to" to friends, etc. sometimes can take more than 5 seconds. For example, how to get the "Share Link" on a dropbox file, by right clicking on the file, then moving mouse over to "Dropbox", and then to the correct submenu... I have a large right click menu! (attached).

My other program "PrtScr" has a 5 second delay, so I'm familiar with how much I can "set up" within 5 seconds!  haha. Sometimes it isn't quite enough time, depending upon the complexity of mouse movements needed.

Screen movies would be overkill in all of these situations.

I suppose I could always do a full screen PrtScr key and then edit, but that seems to be MORE work, not less.

tabletguy:
(See "Selection Capture Options" tab),
-mouser (March 27, 2013, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I had seen that before writing, thanks.

I will also try your screen recorder. But, that seems a lot more steps, when now I can just capture a portion of the screen, save and attach to an email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version