ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

RegaLink

<< < (11/13) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
1. Specify URL.txt filename on the command-line. Critical-- since the program allows multiple instances to be active (yay!), it would be really great to be able to launch each one with a different URL.txt file.

- Can be currently achieved (rather cumbersome but works) by having the executable in separate folders for each task - Not the final idea...but until I implement CLI then it will have to do

2. Capitalize (not ALL CAPS) for the word "Add" on the right-mouseclick menu.

- Done

3. I believe that URL.txt files may be programmatically generated by processes; as such, these would be nice additions:

- Huh?

3a. Allow for a "heading" of some sort in URL.txt. When read, the list on screen has some heading displayed.

- I assume you mean in the Form Title? - I will add something temporary here until you reply (Check the settings window in the new version I will be uploading) Seems I added the temp idea - Press CTRL-R in the main window :)

3b. Allow for a "separator" of some sort in URL.txt. When read, the list on screen has some separator displayed.

-More information please

3c. Allow for a "comment" indicator in URL.txt Simply skip the line when reading in.

-Not yet done

4. Header graphic control: if specified on the command-line, RegaLink will use a JPG file above the current multi-panel display. If the specified graphic is not found, isn't the right size, or otherwise strange, it'll use an internal graphic. This would go a long way toward customization and personalization, and even allows for integration with other programs.

-CLI not implemented yet - However, do you mean this to replace the "RegaLink" logo thing?  If so, I could quite easily just add this by loading up the graphic from the folder as a logo.png file, instead of containing the graphic inside the EXE, if this would help for now?

5. Color control for font, background, borders, whatever. Either ad hoc via command-line, or from a family of color choices, or even a config file? A config file might be a convenient place to park options.

- Added a stop-gap font option...currently doesn't save, but want to know if this is how you mean :)

6. Font size flexibility: you'll be old someday too.

-As above

7. Change the time format to (something like) 14 May 10:25 AM: My thinking here is that year values won't really ever be needed, and quite probably seconds. A human-optimized date format

- Going to figure out how to user-specify this option :)

~~~~~DOWNLOAD TO FOLLOW~~~~~

KynloStephen66515:

This is an EXPERIMENTAL download - THIS ONLY CONTAINS THE EXECUTABLE - NO OTHER FILES ARE INCLUDED

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS BUILD, PLEASE REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS EXECUTABLE AND REPORT PROBLEMS!

Tinman57:
  I would hate to see this become a bloated, bug filled app.  Add in too many request and that's what it may wind up as.....   :o

KynloStephen66515:
  I would hate to see this become a bloated, bug filled app.  Add in too many request and that's what it may wind up as.....   :o
-Tinman57 (July 20, 2013, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hence why this is an experimental download, not even classed as Beta :) - I want to see how the reaction is to it.

To be honest, I had not really planned to take this much further, hence why I released the code for it.  But, I don't mind adding a couple more features...Certainly don't see why it would be bug filled...Obviously not sure if this release has bugs...but seeing as I added very little and the code is simple as hell...it is unlikely :)

Tinman57:
-Tinman57 (July 20, 2013, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hence why this is an experimental download, not even classed as Beta :) - I want to see how the reaction is to it.

To be honest, I had not really planned to take this much further, hence why I released the code for it.  But, I don't mind adding a couple more features...Certainly don't see why it would be bug filled...Obviously not sure if this release has bugs...but seeing as I added very little and the code is simple as hell...it is unlikely :) -Stephen66515 (July 20, 2013, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I'm rooting for ya'!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version