ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good for Nick D'Aloisio!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

rgdot:
What does Yahoo even have now? Search is not their product anymore, hasn't been for ages. Email and Instant messenger? I sure hope they do stuff I don't know about.
Marissa Mayer seemed at least a bit capable until she came up with the telecommuting restriction. For a company best known for email and IM that was funny, to me any way.

xtabber:
it's essentially a PR stunt,
--- End quote ---

Sounds right to me.  my radar went up when i saw Salon.com had an article about this.. written by... Marissa Mayer.  So essentially salon.com is now just a stenographer of press releases masquerading as journalism?  Give me a break.
-mouser (March 26, 2013, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
That Salon article was NOT written by Marissa Mayer - it's an AP story that mentions her.  My guess is that someone at Salon meant to tag the article and stuck her name in the byline slot by mistake.

40hz:

Then the Wizard turned to Dick D'Aloisio and said, "So you had an idea, and possibly came up with a minor technical innovation or two, but still haven't received the respect you feel due you? Why my geeky young friend, that's hardly surprising! Unrecognized innovation is almost proverbial.

Now where I come from, we have men called 'entreprenuers.' That's a french word meaning 'opportunist.'

These men posses all the wealth and adulation that were once reserved for those who actually created or discovered great things. And they had no more cleverness or innovative ability than you have. But what they did have was something called 'buzz' - and an entourage..."

:-\

Renegade:
@40hz - HAHHAAHA~! ;D  :Thmbsup:

When not working at Yahoo, he will keep up with his hobbies — cricket in particular — and set his sights on attending college at Oxford. His intended major is philosophy.
--- End quote ---

Well, that tells me he's got to be one of the good guys! :D

Tinman57:
  I saw the story on Headline News this morning and was shaking my head in disbelief.  There has to be more to it than one little app that shortens articles.

kyrathaba, nice to see another supporting EFF member....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version