ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SpeedMaxPc - A really great money maker?

(1/3) > >>

crabby3:
 ;D  What a concept!  ;D

Create a product and sell it as a quick-fix to unsuspecting folks.  Then sit back and maybe collect compounded daily interest on the money that shouldn't be yours.

This is a follow-up to my SpeedMaxPc Refund Quest.  I did get my money back ... after 12 days of emails, back and forth, and an additional 10 days for my bank balance to show it.  That's 22 days SpeedMaxPc was probably earning interest on my money.   ;D

I had to be persistent though because their 30-day money back guarantee gets chewed up fast when it takes them 24 hours to answer your emails.  And, of course, they don't want to refund your money ... so they waste a few trying to *figure out your problem*.

So I guess this was a Quasi-Scam?   ;D

Tinman57:
  I guess if they can make at least 22 days of interest on peoples money, it's well worth the effort.....  But like I've said for years and years, "There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."

crabby3:
  I guess if they can make at least 22 days of interest on peoples money, it's well worth the effort.....  But like I've said for years and years, "There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."
-Tinman57 (March 24, 2013, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, most advertising can't be taken at face value, especially in the US.  And as far as being worth the effort?  I don't think I received any reply emails from a live person.  The wording in all 5 responses seemed to be pre-scripted.  And they didn't appear to pertain to the email it was answering or just contained blanket-statements.  Like Horoscopes.   :huh:

Programmed replys would be a pretty easy one-time setup... wouldn't it?  With a trigger, after x-amount of emails from the sucker, to give a refund?  ;D

Tinman57:
-Tinman57 (March 24, 2013, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, most advertising can't be taken at face value, especially in the US.  And as far as being worth the effort?  I don't think I received any reply emails from a live person.  The wording in all 5 responses seemed to be pre-scripted.  And they didn't appear to pertain to the email it was answering or just contained blanket-statements.  Like Horoscopes.   :huh:

Programmed replys would be a pretty easy one-time setup... wouldn't it?  With a trigger, after x-amount of emails from the sucker, to give a refund?  ;D  -crabby3 (March 25, 2013, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have gone round and round with companies using robo-scripts to answer emails.  Normally the script answers with something that totally has NOTHING to do with the problems or questions asked in the email to them.  FedEx is one of them.  I tested one such internet software company with an email full of profanity and sexual innuendos, and got a reply with all kinds of suggestions on how to fix the problem.   :huh:

kyrathaba:
"There's no truth in advertising in the U.S.A."
--- End quote ---

+1, absolutely!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version