ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MagicRAR Drive Press - worth anything?

<< < (12/12)

simonking:
While I understand that you feel/have the need to address this latest round of discussions, I for one would appreciate it if your posts to do so would stay professional and refrain from utilizing pejoratives.

latest round of paranoia

--- End quote ---

For those brave enough to explore beyond the boundaries of their paranoia

--- End quote ---

Clearly these individuals are very deluded

--- End quote ---

None of that was necessary, and indeed, a post without those would have gone a ways towards gaining goodwill.  Instead, like many others when negative criticism is levied, the more base manners of defense come to light, including the losing way of debating of attacking the arguer rather than the argument.  And like those, no matter what truth may be in your post, your tone turns me away from your product and your company, even if I had need.

That's something that you might want to keep in mind in the future (and there is an edit button on the post if you want to correct such), especially when posting on DC.
-wraith808 (March 31, 2013, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

You make a good point, and please excuse me if I have overstepped my bounds. In my defense, please do allow me to paste the Wikipedia definitions for the exact words I have used, together with my rationale for using them:

Delusion: A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

As I have outlined repeatedly in this thread, there is ample public record on MagicRAR (most notably through the GitHUB repository, which is accessible easily through the MagicRAR download page) which refutes practically all of the negative assertions on MagicRAR in this thread. All of this falls under the "contrary superior evidence" category; the insistence of particular contributors to this forum despite this superiority of evidence cannot be called anything other than delusion.

Paranoia: Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself.

The starter of this thread himself/herself was self-admittedly paranoid. Various assertions that are repeatedly made in this thread strongly suggest that MagicRAR or components of the MagicRAR suite will cause harm when this is not in fact the case. The threat is therefore not real but perceived. A lot of the negative feedback left on MagicRAR here definitely falls under conspiratorial thinking.

As such it appears to me that my usage of the above words is accurate by their Wikipedia definitions, and not pejorative. Clearly you disagree, which brings to mind a new kind of word:

Hypocrisy: Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have.

What I'm getting from you is that its OK for people to very unprofessionally attack MagicRAR under the guise of free speech, but it is not OK for MagicRAR to - let us assume unprofessionally for the sake of argument - try to set the record straight and protect its brand and product against completely baseless and demonstrably false accusations. In other words, DC tolerates attacks on products, but does not tolerate attacks on those attackers of products. Why this asymmetry?

mouser:
I think it's probably time to wrap this thread up as we are all going around in circles..

barney:
^+1.
It's occupying space, providing naught but frustration at best.

wraith808:
I am really glad to read that this latest round of paranoia has been deflated by other members of the forum before I became aware of it.
-simonking (March 31, 2013, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your quote, not mine.  So, with that in mind.

What I'm getting from you is that its OK for people to very unprofessionally attack MagicRAR under the guise of free speech, but it is not OK for MagicRAR to - let us assume unprofessionally for the sake of argument - try to set the record straight and protect its brand and product against completely baseless and demonstrably false accusations. In other words, DC tolerates attacks on products, but does not tolerate attacks on those attackers of products. Why this asymmetry?
-simonking (April 01, 2013, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

This seems to be disingenuous.  As Mouser has asked us to wrap it up, it will be my last time posting.  But, all I was trying to do was to give you some advice.  Your pedantic response hasn't endeared you any more to myself, and I'm sure to anyone else.

Sometimes, the best thing to do is to say nothing.  It's hard.  It might have been what I should have done in the face of your post.  But I really wanted to make sure that for the future, you might see your two statements side by side... and perhaps come to the self-realization that though this exercise may have been rewarding in that you were able to give tit-for-tat, it was perhaps pyrrhic at best.

Thanks for your consideration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version