ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Folder protection

<< < (6/6)

pilgrim:
Hi f0dder,

Today I try the SoftPerfect RamDisk recommended by you in your earlier post.
It was a very disappointing experience. I try install on WinXP, guess what it only allow up to 256MB rmadisk (The machine has 8G ram, but obviously WinXP can only make use of 4G)

If I go beyond 256MB, it prompts an error. I run through their forum and it seems a problem to many.-tslim (May 09, 2013, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use Dataram Ramdisk on both XP and 7, the free version is good for up to 4GB.
I can't remember the reason but I've stuck with Version 3.5.130 RC 23, probably because I've never had any problems with it and don't want to go to the trouble of updating.

tslim:
In my case, QSoft RamDisk is also stable and working find, except it does not allow multiple ram disk.

I just read through some interesting links regarding ramdisk here, particularly this one and also this one

I have decided to stay at what I am using now.

f0dder:
tslim: supporting >4gig memory on 32bit XP is, at best, a terrible hack, and it's not something SoftPerfect even attempts. Move to a 64bit OS :)

tslim:
tslim: supporting >4gig memory on 32bit XP is, at best, a terrible hack, and it's not something SoftPerfect even attempts. Move to a 64bit OS :)
-f0dder (May 13, 2013, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't need it to support > 4GB but it is ridiculous to only allow a ramdisk <= 256MB on WinXP x86.
Btw, I am running Win7x64, my try on SoftPerfect is for helping someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version