ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommendation for Project Management software?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jamesdany:
The provided link is not working!
-Jamesdany (November 26, 2008, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

It used to, but then this thread started in May 2006 :)
-Gothi[c] (November 26, 2008, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but when a link is pointed as a reference link, people normally look for information there. Thats the reason, I have made it clear that its not working anymore!

f0dder:
Seems like Claus Agerskov's Proj is dead?

The http://proj.chbs.dk/ site basically says the site is being moved to new servers, and rewritten in PHP5 because of security flaws... and last updated 2007-05-25? Ugh :). Haven't been able to find mention of Proj elsewhere. His current site seems to be http://www.agercon.dk/index.php , which doesn't mention it either.

Oh well, that's as far as my hunting goes.

Gothi[c]:
Just goes to show that material on the internet usually has a very short life. Good thing we don't rely on it to store all our important stuff.... oh wait..

city_zen:
Just goes to show that material on the internet usually has a very short life. Good thing we don't rely on it to store all our important stuff.... oh wait..
-Gothi[c] (November 27, 2008, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
That made me laugh real hard, Gothi[c]

Back to topic:
The provided link is not working!
-Jamesdany (November 26, 2008, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
It used to, but then this thread started in May 2006 :)
-Gothi[c] (November 26, 2008, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, but when a link is pointed as a reference link, people normally look for information there. Thats the reason, I have made it clear that its not working anymore!
-Jamesdany (November 27, 2008, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nothing that the Wayback Machine can't solve, right?  ;)

David1904:
Can anyone recommend a good project management software?  I'm a sueprvisor and have 5 people working under me and between us, we have to keep track of 20-30 projects.  I don't need a heavy duty project management package, like Microsoft Project, or something that complex.  What I'm looking for is something simple with just basic information in the database.

The data I'd like to keep track of are the following:  project manager, Project, project description, project #, state of project (how far along it is, either as a percentage or a description), random notes.  I'd also like to be able to separate out the projects according to the project manager, so I can see who's in charge of what.

So, are there any ideas out there?  I use mylife organized right now, but it's more of a To-DO list maker, than a true project management program.  Although, I can probably tweak it easily enough to act like what I'm trying to do, I'd be interested if there was a better option.  The main issue with MLO is that I can't separate the projects according to the different managers--it's basically meant for one person.  It would be cool if every person had their own MLO file and they could be combined to form one master-supervisor list for me.

Anyway, look forward to the suggestions.  Thanks!
-superboyac (May 01, 2006, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just wondered if you had thought of that SQLNotes/Infocube thingy? :)

Seriously, from what I've been able to follow in the thread, it would seem to be just the sort of project it would be suited for.
Could you comment as to why it might not - I'm still trying to come to grips with just how it can be put to use.

Regards,

David
-David1904 (November 26, 2008, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aaaargh!!!
I came to this thread from a different route than usual on the site and, not looking at the dates properly, thought the whole thread - including Superboyac's initial post of May 2006 - was a current discussion! :-[
My apologies for what must have been a rather puzzling post.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version