ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Connect to Internet' shortcut needed.

<< < (2/4) > >>

app103:
I have a shortcut in Quick Launch to the connection and if I click on properties the target shows as: {BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}, the 'Start in' box is empty.
-pilgrim-online (March 21, 2013, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you can click that shortcut to connect and it works, use the path to that shortcut file in Lacuna Launcher's list. Don't use the target info shown in the properties box, use the path to that actual shortcut file itself.

pilgrim:
After several more hours I have decided that I have severe RAM degradation and the CPU is not as fast as it used to be.
And that's just me! :(

I have thrown everything at this that I can think of and I still cannot get the NIC to start from the same source as the programs.

I have the original BAT file with its two shortcuts, enable/disable.
I have created two other BAT files to separate the enable/disable options.
All of them work independently using 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503'.
I even tried converting them into EXE files which did not work at all.
Try to include them in any launcher program and they will not work.

I also had problems getting all three of the programs to either start or stop using a batch file.
Although they do all start using a launcher.
From what I read start commands should begin with 'start /d' on each line and stop instructions with 'taskkill /im'.
In each case it worked for D4 but not for the other two programs no matter what order they were in?

I have a shortcut in Quick Launch to the connection and if I click on properties the target shows as: {BA126ADB-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}, the 'Start in' box is empty.
-pilgrim-online (March 21, 2013, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you can click that shortcut to connect and it works, use the path to that shortcut file in Lacuna Launcher's list. Don't use the target info shown in the properties box, use the path to that actual shortcut file itself.
-app103 (March 21, 2013, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried your suggestion but all that happened was that the connection's status window appeared for a second and then disappeared there was no indication of it actually trying to connect.
It was definitely disconnected when I tried it as the Network Activity Indicator icon was grey and it never even flickered.
I considered a 'permissions' problem but everything that can be is set to 'Run as Administrator'.

I shall continue to look into this but at the moment I am right out of fresh ideas.

UPDATE:

After much tinkering with Hotkeyz (the help file (online) is the worst part of the program) I now have a single hotkey to turn the programs on and another to turn them off.
Still no success with including the NIC.

4wd:

UPDATE:

After much tinkering with Hotkeyz (the help file (online) is the worst part of the program) I now have a single hotkey to turn the programs on and another to turn them off.
Still no success with including the NIC.
-pilgrim-online (March 22, 2013, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you sure you're formatting the devcon command correctly?

eg.

devcon.exe disable =net "@PCI\VEN_10EC&DE
V_8136&SUBSYS_015B1025&REV_02\4&25F1891F&0&00E1"

That should work from a CLI, (substitute your particular hardware ID of course), so you should be able to put the command into a batch file.

The =net is not required, I include it to ensure that I'm only affecting a network class device, (just in case there's a non-network device with the same ID - which there never should be).

pilgrim:
4wd,

Thanks for the reply.

As far as the batch files went the biggest problem was punctuation, particularly inverted commas in the wrong places.
(At one point by removing them from around the NIC my screen resolution changed from 1920x1080 t0 800x600.) :-[

I now have two batch files which work as required with both the programs and the NIC:

Internet_ON.bat

@echo off

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\D4" D4.exe
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandboxie" SbieCtrl.exe
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PeerBlock" peerblock.exe

devcon enable  "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503"

------------------------------------------------------

Internet_OFF.bat

@echo off

TASKKILL /F /IM peerblock.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM SbieCtrl.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM D4.exe

devcon disable "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503"

------------------------------------------------------

At the moment I have placed shortcuts to them in a toolbar on the taskbar.
I have still failed to trigger them using Hotkeyz, it will open/close the programs but has no effect on the NIC.
I remember using a program called Coolbarz on XP and that was the same, it would not work with Network Adapters.
I suspect this may be true of most, if not all, launchers although I would have thought there was a way around it.
(Then again what do I know about programming?) :read:

I could create hotkeys from the shortcuts using Windows but that requires 3 keys for each (Ctrl + Alt + x), Hotkeyz can work with 2 which is easier.

pilgrim:
SOLVED:

Internet_ON.bat

@echo off

start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\D4" D4.exe
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandboxie" SbieCtrl.exe
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PeerBlock" peerblock.exe

netsh interface set interface "Router Connection" ENABLED

--------------------------------------------------------

Internet_OFF.bat

@echo off

TASKKILL /F /IM peerblock.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM SbieCtrl.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM D4.exe

netsh interface set interface "Router Connection" DISABLED

--------------------------------------------------------

I found the answer on a 6 year old Sysinternals Forum Thread.

This now runs in Hotkeyz and it now works in Coolbarz as well, so I am guessing it would work in any launcher program.

Pilgrm :rip:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version