ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Connect to Internet' shortcut needed.

<< < (4/4)

pilgrim:
4wd,

I came across references to PATH in the many things I read but forgot about it, I'll check it when I get back on that computer.

One thing that I found in much of what I read is that a lot of people give information about XP without taking into consideration the differences between Home and Pro.

In case it is of interest to anyone a lot of the most useful information I learned came from Computer Hope, it was one of the first sites I ever bookmarked but have rarely used till now.

Thanks for the file, I have added it to the OFF batch file on 7 so it should work when I go offline, I will add it to the others later, much appreciated.

UPDATE:

XP: Added path and modified files:

Internet_ON.bat

@echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files\D4\D4.exe"
sleep 1
start "" "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\SbieCtrl.exe"
sleep 1
start "" "C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\peerblock.exe"
sleep 3

devcon enable *DEV_001C*

---------------------------------

Internet_OFF.bat

@echo off

taskkill /F /IM peerblock.exe
taskkill /F /IM SbieCtrl.exe
taskkill /F /IM D4.exe

devcon disable *DEV_001C*

CleanTray: On 7 I could only get it to work by clicking on the EXE, when it was in the batch file the icons remained, in both cases it had changed the order of the icons the next time I ran the ON file.
I was using the 'start /d' command which works for the other programs.
On XP I had a similar problem, when I ran the EXE directly it removed the 3 icons, moved all the others to the left and I had three empty spaces at the right hand end of the System Tray, once again the next time I ran the ON file the icons appeared in a different order to before.

4wd:
CleanTray: On 7 I could only get it to work by clicking on the EXE, when it was in the batch file the icons remained, in both cases it had changed the order of the icons the next time I ran the ON file.-pilgrim-online (March 29, 2013, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange because that's how I run it on my W7 machine - in a batch file and it works OK.

Don't use 'start', just have a line:

<path if req>CleanTray.exe

pilgrim:
Got it working on 7 using the full path but it is still rearranging the icons when I restart the programs, not just those of the programs and the NIC in the batch file but other programs that are closed at the time I run it. Icons for programs that are always running stay put. It seems that it is causing the OS to forget where the closed icons were.

Don't worry about it because my main aim was the batch files and now that I know they are working I can tell by the NIC icon on both OS' if the programs are active or not.
Running the cursor over the icons to close them is still quicker than closing each program and disabling the NIC individually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version