ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When it comes to EA, it just keeps getting better - or worse...

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
Just in case you have no idea what disgruntled players look like...

https://www.facebook.com/simcitysocial/posts/638679509479839

40hz:

-app103 (April 17, 2013, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Care to summarize? Some of us don't have Facebook accounts. And never will. :)

tomos:

-app103 (April 17, 2013, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Care to summarize? Some of us don't have Facebook accounts. And never will. :)
-40hz (April 17, 2013, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was going to post a screenshot but I'm not sure of, eh, the etiquette :-) - is it okay to post people's thumbnails from FB etc.

Summary:
the message from "SimCity Social" is:
For players who have enjoyed our games, we will be making a special offer to introduce you to a PopCap game.
You’re a valued fan and we want to make sure you get a smooth transition to PopCap.
--- End quote ---

the response from *everyone* and their mother is very upset, and/or impolite - the general vibe is it's the end of the world for "SimCity Social".
And all those negative posts are getting hundreds of thumbs-up's (one has 477).

It's very entertaining - having a FB account has it's compensations ;)

app103:
I was going to post a screenshot but I'm not sure of, eh, the etiquette :-) - is it okay to post people's thumbnails from FB etc.
-tomos (April 17, 2013, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was why I posted the link.

the response from *everyone* and their mother is very upset, and/or impolite - the general vibe is it's the end of the world for "SimCity Social".
And all those negative posts are getting hundreds of thumbs-up's (one has 477).

It's very entertaining - having a FB account has it's compensations  ;)
-tomos (April 17, 2013, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is a sight to behold.  :D

If I did share anything from there, I'd have to put it in a spoiler, like this screenshot that has gone viral, of a player's city with buildings arranged to spell out her NSFW feelings about the whole thing...

NSFW

Jibz:
My sympathies to the people who will be loosing their virtual estate here -- it is never fun when you invest time and/or money in an activity just to see it disappear.

On the other hand, I must admit there is a tiny cynic on my shoulder, who thinks that if you invest more time and/or money on pixels than you are comfortable loosing, in a free-to-play, and worst of all on facebook, then perhaps you have been steering towards a disappointment that was not entirely impossible to predict :(.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version