ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When it comes to EA, it just keeps getting better - or worse...

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
Now, how much and what kind of REALLY BAD DRUGS does somebody need to come up with to design a system that launches local games by installing a custom URL handlers Wtf is wrong with these people?-f0dder (March 20, 2013, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think Valve (Steam) was on some really strong drugs.  Everyone else just copied them without the high.-wraith808 (March 20, 2013, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ugh Valve did (does?) that as well? And started it? *sigh*

I generally like Steam pretty well, but protocol handlers to launch games is just... plain old fscked up.

wraith808:
For an example... my shortcut to Borderlands on the desktop - steam://rungameid/8980.  If I run that from Chrome, it doesn't work, however.  Only from IE.  Not sure if it works from Firefox, as I don't have that installed any longer.

wraith808:
The Real Resignation Reason

(via CAD)

Deozaan:
Ha!  :Thmbsup:

app103:
And now they are shutting down all of their most popular games on Facebook....SimCity Social, The Sims Social, and possibly others, anything that isn't a PopCap game. Players, many whom have spent a ton of cash on the games affected, are really freaking out over it, vowing never to play another EA game again.

And what reason does EA give for shutting down these incredibly popular games?

Why is The Sims Social being retired?

We had to make the difficult decision to close down The Sims Social so we can reallocate development resources to other titles that we hope you’ll have just as much fun playing. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we thank you for everything you've added to the community.
--- End quote ---

This is EA's generic canned excuse they give whenever they shut down a game and screw the players out of their cash, refusing to refund unspent credits or allow transferring them to another EA game. Their announcements and FAQ posts are almost verbatim, every time, with only the game name and dates changing.

This part of the announcement and FAQ is especially darling:

What if I have an existing balance of SimCash in The Sims Social on Facebook?

Players are encouraged to spend their remaining balance of SimCash in The Sims Social before the game is retired on June 14th. As of that date, any remaining SimCash left in the game will be invalid.
--- End quote ---

What they are saying is "Hurry up and spend your credits that you paid for on virtual items that we will be deleting on June 14, otherwise you'll lose the credits on June 14th, any way, and won't be able to spend them."

Really? What's the point in that, from a player's perspective?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version