ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

When it comes to EA, it just keeps getting better - or worse...

(1/4) > >>

40hz:
Seems Electronic Arts is going through a bad patch.

First there was the SimCity debacle.

Next was the apparently unplanned departure of CEO John Riccitiello effective at the end of this month.

Now there's news of a verifiable security flaw in EA's Origin platform which can facilitate local vulnerability exploits on an Origin user's PC. That makes for a potential target pool of 40 million PCs.

TechDirt (as usual) is on it. Good article complete with link to a video showing an exploit in action. Amazing! (Link to article here.)

f0dder:
Now there's news of a verifiable security flaw in EA's Origin platform can facilitate local vulnerability exploits on Origin user's PCs.-40hz (March 19, 2013, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
At first I was "meh, local exploit - whatever". Decided to take a look anyway, flipped through the ReVuln PDF (linked to from the Vimeo site), and turns out it's slightly more interesting - allowing you to launch arbitrary processes on systems that have Origin installed, if you can get it to launch an URL. It's still fairly boring technically, but could actually be dangerous.

Now, how much and what kind of REALLY BAD DRUGS does somebody need to come up with to design a system that launches local games by installing a custom URL handlers Wtf is wrong with these people?

TaoPhoenix:

Too many Quiche Eater programmers?

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/mel.html

Tinman57:
  Like I've said many times before, I stopped buying EA software a very long time ago....

wraith808:
Now, how much and what kind of REALLY BAD DRUGS does somebody need to come up with to design a system that launches local games by installing a custom URL handlers Wtf is wrong with these people?
-f0dder (March 20, 2013, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Valve (Steam) was on some really strong drugs.  Everyone else just copied them without the high.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version