ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Keep note-taking app spotted

<< < (2/4) > >>

app103:
Spotted this today:

Sorry Google; you can Keep it to yourself

Seems after Reader, there are many that don't want to try Keep or trust Google not to kill it after they grow to depend on it.

Personally, the way I look at it, they had their chance with Notebook, which they killed and broke a lot of hearts. Doesn't make much sense for them to even release Keep, unless they are looking for another shot at attempting to crush apps like Evernote and Surfulater and put their developers out of business.  >:(

Jibz:
It could also be that they think they need this type of data to make Google Now more efficient. But I agree, releasing this right after they killed off reader with all the publicity that got, seems counterproductive.

wraith808:
Spotted this today:

Sorry Google; you can Keep it to yourself

Seems after Reader, there are many that don't want to try Keep or trust Google not to kill it after they grow to depend on it.
-app103 (March 21, 2013, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great article- echoes my sentiment.  Makes me want to pay for evernote now.  And I think I will.

And great quote in the article... that echoes my thoughts about Google lately:
Sorry Google, but you might not realize that you are acting like the company you wanted to replace: Microsoft. The Barons of Redmond used to float products into the market — smart displays and weird stuff — that companies like Samsung and LG would put out in the market, only to yank them later. In the end, I stopped believing in Microsoft and shifted my dollars and attention to other brands.

--- End quote ---

I'm not intentionally trying to yank myself from google.  But I stopped using their search a while ago.  I'm not getting into any new services.  And as they kill more and more, I won't re-up with their next idea. 

Google... killing one customer at a time by attrition.

xtabber:
This sounds a lot like the complaints heard in these precincts some years ago, after Evernote deep sixed its much beloved stand-alone version (2.2) and forced its users into the cloud, whether they liked it or not.

I only looked at Google Keep for a few minutes late last night, but at first glance, it's a lot more like the original Evernote (or Cintanotes) than what Evernote has evolved into.  I find that I hardly ever use Evernote any more. It's just too busy for quick note taking and not capable enough for serious content organization.

Keep looks promising and I may or may not end up using it, but one thing I would never do is put all my eggs in ANY tech company's basket.

app103:
I only looked at Google Keep for a few minutes late last night, but at first glance, it's a lot more like the original Evernote (or Cintanotes) than what Evernote has evolved into.  I find that I hardly ever use Evernote any more. It's just too busy for quick note taking and not capable enough for serious content organization.
-xtabber (March 21, 2013, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use a combo of Surfulater for web captures and more serious note taking... and Notezilla for quick, small notes (and other stuff).

Both of these apps are on my must-have list.

I might have considered Google Notebook as a replacement for Surfulater, but Google killed it right around the time I was thinking about it. I have no plans on falling for that again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version