ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Keep note-taking app spotted

<< < (3/4) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Evernote 4.5 came with my Win7 computer. Is it cloud-based?

TaoPhoenix:
Well, on the topic of all eggs, it might be useful to separate "the eggs" into categories, and then compare the baskets separately. For various reasons, starting with inertia and then keeping Google at bay, I have used Yahoo Mail for some 8 years now and been mostly satisfied. Yahoo hasn't hit my radar for doing anything particularly evil for ages, so that front seems okay.

Search is of course where Google made their money, but I only use Google when Startpage doesn't give me the best answers. While a bit grumpily, I have an iPhone and not an Android phone, so that's that dept. Then it seems to me that Google's value drops rather steeply off a cliff. I am quite unimpressed by Google Docs, and soon after that I'm hard pressed to even name many more Google offerings.

But just looking at the Reader mess, it seems that one is starting to change a gestalt - that we didn't mind if Google saved a few bucks killing off Wave, or some of those other things. But nuking Reader seems to be a bit of a risky play alienating the "small but important" audience of the skilled tech users. That time it "became personal", and the distrust spread beyond "a product" into casting all future offerings into a distasteful context.

The Tech landscape feels like it's starting to drift a little. It seems that a certain suite of core items has settled into incumbent positions, and while there will always be maneuvering, I don't see what the next blinding new entry is.

40hz:
^ +1 for what @eleman said.
-IainB (March 19, 2013, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

I'm no longer interested in using Google for anything that involves hosted data storage in any way shape or form.

"Burn me once - shame on you. Burn me twice - shame on me."  8)

IainB:
^ +1 for what @eleman said.
-IainB (March 19, 2013, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Agree.
I'm no longer interested in using Google for anything that involves hosted data storage in any way shape or form.
"Burn me once - shame on you. Burn me twice - shame on me."  8)
-40hz (March 21, 2013, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

...but one thing I would never do is put all my eggs in ANY tech company's basket.
-xtabber (March 21, 2013, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ Yes, eggsactly.

IainB:
...Google... killing one customer at a time by attrition.
-wraith808 (March 21, 2013, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really. It would probably be  more accurate to describe it as:
Killing hundreds of thousands of customers en masse
--- End quote ---
- with actions such as these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version