ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Linkman 8.80 released

<< < (4/7) > >>

cyberdiva:
Curt, I'm under the impression that Announce Your Software/Service/Product is really for NEW software/services, not for software that is well-known and long-established, such as Linkman.  Moreover, the guidelines in the section you suggest say specifically "Do not post about minor version updates to commercial software."

Curt:
specifically "Do not post about minor version updates to commercial software." -cyberdiva (April 17, 2013, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oops! I never saw that one  :-[

Jim20132013:
Hello,

I just purchased and installed Linkman Pro 8.8.0.  It installed with no issues and I was able to import my Firefox bookmarks.  There were about 23,000 bookmarks and 3,000 folders and the import seemed to go fine.  I then opened Firefox and tried to use the Linkman "Add & Edit" icon to add a new bookmark.  I now have two problems:

1) When I tried to add the bookmark I got the error "a connection cannot be made with Linkman".  I confirmed that both the Firefox addin and Linkman are using Port 80.  So I thought that perhaps I needed to reboot which I did.  I now have the following problem.
2) The Linkman icon in the Tray has been purple for over 45 minutes.  I understand that purple means that it "is loading or saving a bookmark database file".  Is this normal for the "1st open" after importing a large number of bookmarks or is Linkman "hung".  I do see constant disk access but I have other apps running so I really can't be sure Linkman is still running OK.  After importing I did a File | Save As and saved the database file to a network drive (where backups occur).  I was able to roam around and even Sort the imported bookmarks so I've had no indication that anything is corrupted but after the reboot this very long delay in a "purple state" is worrisome.  How long will this "load or save" go on?

Thanks,

Outertech Support:
@Jim please read my emails.

jamesraykenney:
Just upgraded to 8.80 a few days ago and am now getting the following error in IE:
Another application is blocking Linkman TCP/IP prot 80. Try changing to port 81 or 82 in both IE Toolbar (Menu | Settings | Linkman Communication Port) and Linkman(Tools | Settings | Browser)!

I have never seen this message before and the only port setting I see are the one that is set to 7777 that says it is only for  Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version