ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Reader gone

<< < (19/32) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, Iain.  I found your chart helpful, and I'm glad to know about AOL Reader as well.  

mwb1100:
Another interesting development is http://www.reedah.com who have reimplemented Google Reader's API to some extent.  If you can configure your reader to pointer to reedah.com instead of google.com for it's RSS API access, it's supposed to be able to provide the synching that google used to provide.

40hz:
I keep looking at this article and thinking "Hmm...maybe....just maybe when a get some free time."

It doesn't look like it's that big a chore. Maybe not exactly a freshman server project. But I'm sure it's easily within the technical cabilities of many DoCo members.

Here's another article on doing the same.

Hmm...maybe...just maybe.... 8)

wraith808:
Someone else tried that... and posted the results here somewhere, I think...

40hz:
Someone else tried that... and posted the results here somewhere, I think...
-wraith808 (June 24, 2013, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only reference I could find to it was this post. And this was all that was said about TinyTiny RSS:

I concluded in an earlier post that hosting your own reader was the only rational solution. But although I have tried my best to like both Tiny Tiny RSS and Fever, neither gives me everything I want.

I ruled out TTRSS quickly. It just seemed a bit clunky to me...

--- End quote ---

Does that constitute an actual try I wonder? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version