ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Reader gone

<< < (18/32) > >>

johnk:
It is easy to get the Feedly background changed to whatever you want - if you use Firefox with the NoSquint add-on.
-IainB (June 23, 2013, 03:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for that. I've never come across NoSquint before. I'll have a play.

IainB:
My concern with Feedly is that they are pulling in as many people as possible without telling them exactly how they will be monetizing the service after google reader shuts down. ...
-Jibz (June 23, 2013, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
The correct term for this might "be bait and switch". We shall see.

cyberdiva:
I love FeedDemon, and was a registered user of a previous version. It really is one of the most slick desktop clients. But since it's end-of-life'd, it probably won't be updated to support whatever comes down the road.
-Jibz (June 23, 2013, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have relatively simple requirements for an RSS reader, and most of the bells and whistles that I've seen in other readers do not interest me.  But still, I am concerned about FeedDemon's ability to deal with "whatever comes down the road."  That's why I will continue to keep my eyes open and read helpful threads like this one.  For now, though, FeedDemon seems more than capable of handling what I need.

IainB:
Here's a copy of my RSS readers - Evaluation PMI notes as at 2013-06-24. (Image copy of a OneNotes table.)
(Hope it's of help/use. Click to enlarge.)
Google Reader gone

IainB:
I didn't know about this:
AOL Launches Google Reader Replacement Just In Time For Google Reader’s Shutdown [Updates]
Trialling it now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version