ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Reader gone

<< < (2/32) > >>

Tuxman:
I have installed TTRSS a while ago, just to see how it goes. While the interface is a bit weird, it totally lacks some sane Android app. The paid one is not available for people without a credit card, the free one does not find my installation correctly. edit: If someone wants to test it, click here. I will migrate the server to FreeBSD some time next month though, so a short downtime is expected.

Concerning Fever: Looks nice but the dev hates non-Mac users, obviously.

eleman:
Thanks for the suggestions. After some consideration I decided to go with bamboo, a firefox add-on. I will not use another cloud service if I can help it, and separate desktop applications did not look very handy, as I usually jump to a site after seeing a headline on the RSS feed aggregator. So a firefox add-on seems like the best solution.

Yes, I'm aware of the advantages of cloud solutions. For example if I don't run firefox for a week or two (i.e. vacation in the mountains) I'll miss some feeds. And I won't be able to check feeds from another computer/phone etc. But I'll have to live with the former, and I don't do the latter anyway.

flamerz:
feeddemon is gone too :(

http://nick.typepad.com/blog/

cyberdiva:
OMG!  I moved to Google Reader a while ago after BlogLines announced it was going belly up.  Then, after I'd switched, apparently BlogLines revived, but I liked Google Reader better.  Sigh.  The only thing I know is that I do not want any RSS reader or other software that depends on Google's support.  It's bad enough that I have Gmail.  :(   

wraith808:
Another self hosted one for consideration from ghacks is Selfoss, an open source solution with the source on github.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version